Debating trading in my Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, I really only use 2 or the 12 Amp Models so I'm looking at something with 2 channels and versatile. Was looking at the Fender Champion and Orange Crush but anyone have other suggestions in the $500 price range.
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
I listen to a lot of Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Queens of the Stone Age, White Stripes, but also listen to blues and country as well. I want to buy brand new, looking at $500 price range maybe $100 or so more. Really only play at home.
Any reason why brand new? For $600 (top end of your budget) there is a lot more variety to pick from. For a new budget I might limit it to a Jet City combo and some pedals for delay/reverb/fuzz.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
For that budget Valveking with an overdrive.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
^The Valveking will do the grungier stuff pretty easily but for the clean stuff it might struggle. It can be usable though. I would suggest an AC15 but at their price new you are so closed to the used price of an AC30...
yeah I been debating with finding an AC30 or just going with a Fender Champion 100
Last edited by guitar_freak523 at Mar 1, 2016,
Quote by Will Lane
^The Valveking will do the grungier stuff pretty easily but for the clean stuff it might struggle. It can be usable though. I would suggest an AC15 but at their price new you are so closed to the used price of an AC30...

Ummm....the VK clean channel is widely recognized as pretty damn good!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
The Champion is pretty lousy, I'd avoid. For that stuff, AC15 or AC30. I understand your apprehension about used, but I would check online listings at places like Reverb and Ebay. Some great deals to be had.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I have to also throw my hat in on the idea of suggesting a Vox AC15 or AC30. You could also look into an Egnater Tweaker series amplifier as they are pretty flexible and have some cool tones in the ballpark of what you like.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
If you ONLY play at home, you might as well just get a Vox Amplug. They're around 40 euros and sound not so bad for a headphone amp.
Quote by Arby911
Ummm....the VK clean channel is widely recognized as pretty damn good!
I always felt like it was lacking. The clean-clean is fine but to get it to break up is not so pleasant. But that is just me, I wanted VOX cleans out of it when I was using my VK more often. I just played on it not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised again, so I will emphasize the "usable" part of my statement.
Quote by William Sitnin
If you ONLY play at home, you might as well just get a Vox Amplug. They're around 40 euros and sound not so bad for a headphone amp.
How uninspiring that would be.