I play mostly classic rock, some hard rock and even a little metal. Looking for a little input from anyone who has played or owned this amp.

Can it handle effects pedals well?

Is this quality?

Thanks
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
What are you looking for, sound wise, out the amp? Budget? My experience, and I used to own one is that they are very meh. Marketing aside, which is shady, I would say there are a lot better options out there for whatever money (price range) you are spending.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
For classic rock you can do way better than an HT20.

What's your location, budget and are you willing to buy used?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
About $700, I'm looking for a good practice/small venue amp. I want two foot switchable channels and if it had a headphone output that would be awesome. I would prefer a new amp.

Thanks for the input it is appreciated.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Do you have a cabinet already or were you looking at a combo?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have an old one preferably a combo
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
You might like something like a JCA2212c if you need 2 channels and a more rock style voicing in a combo.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 would be a good choice
$399
www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Marshall/JCM2000-DSL401-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-111804053.gc

use the balance of your budget to get a tubescreamer and a few other pedals
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Marshall DSL combo. They are stupidly good compared to the Blackstar HT's.

The jet city amps are pretty nice for the money.

If you would consider used, the mesa caliber series, f-series, and express amps aee nice and can find in budget used.

Why not used? You can get a way better amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
All the blackstar ht's take pedals well and the 20 has a loop. I like them but they get flack around here. They have a darker rock/classic metal overdrive. The dsl 40 is also a great option someone else suggested. Also has a loop for your pedals and it's got that classic Marshall crunch. Skip the jet city. They're cheaply made and sound muddy.
Waaay more bang for you buck, go used!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I have the Blackstar HT-20 and it is a solid amp. However, for classic rock/hard rock, I like the classic gain channel of the The Marshall DSL 40c driven with an OD pedal a little better, but the HT-20 is still very good. I like the HT-20 better for high gain/metal, but it is subjective, I could be make the DSL work for metal by driving the high gain channel at low settings.

The HT-20 handles pedals well and is a solidly built, quality amp. With a simple OD pedal, you can easily cover the range of styles you are looking for.

In this range, I found the Orange Terror amps to be fizzy, the Egnater and Jet City amps to be very bland, but everyone has different opinions.

The Marshall DSL shares an EQ between the channels, which I don't like and there is no headphone jack. At the same time, although the HT-20 has 2 separate EQs, the clean channel has a single tone knob and it doesn't have the same depth as the EQ on the high gain channel. In addition, you can use the emulated out as a mono headphone jack on the HT-20, but it doesn't turn off the speaker (in case you were hoping to play silently) and is less than ideal.

I would seriously consider Robbgnarly's suggestion (hard to beat the price) or consider the HT-20 or DSL 40c.
Thanks for the input guys.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Effects pedal well: yes. Mine took a EQD hoof well in the clean channel. But at your budget you can get better quality amps better suited for venues. Mine barely held its own with a drummer. The issue with HT-20 is it's garbage speaker. At the same price of HT 20, speaker, price for install, you can get a better amp all around. DSL for sure.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Baconjerky
(a) I like them but they get flack around here.

(b) Skip the jet city. They're cheaply made and sound muddy.

(a) to be fair, there's a reason they get flak.

(b) That's just not true. Everyone I've ever talked to (online I mean) who knows about amps and building them basically doesn't understand how they can be made so well when they're so cheap- they're as well (and better) made than amps which cost more.

That's not to say they're as well-made as the high-end stuff- they're not. But they're hard to beat for the money, and even for quite a bit more money.

Not sure how you think they sound muddy, either, in fact most complaints I see is that, if anything, they're a bit too bright-sounding.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^It's the newb in him
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd say it's more likely he never played one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'd say it's more likely he never played one.

Yeah I have stayed out of plenty of gear threads just because I don't know about them.
I'm an equal opportunity hater as long as I have some type of grasp on what I hate
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ lol

i've never actually tried an HT but I always make that clear- I'm criticising the marketing rather than how the thing sounds.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?