Everyone,
Since I started playing again a few years back and been taking it more serious in the past year, I really don't have any plans to perform, go to an open mic night, etc.

However, I just added a 3rd guitar to my collection which comes with the electronics so I can plug into an amp.

At first I was researching amps and etc. so when my b-day comes I can say "Honey I want this...." But then a thought hit me, I am 90% finger player, and 10% with a pick, and 100% acoustic. So knowing I won't perform for anyone but myself, what would be the benefit to amplify if at all? I honestly can't give one; can you?
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
You're right, no need at all, IMO. I'm just a back porch fingerpicker these days, and I would never consider amplifying an acoustic. However, you might want to think about widening your horizons by also going electric as I have done. - But only for slide. The danger there is that you can be overwhelmed with choice, like a kid in a candy store. Messing with electrics, as opposed to playing them, has become a major hobby in its own right for me.
The main reason I could think of for amplifying (outside playing live) is it'd let me plug into pedals to add stuff like reverb and harmony. I could have a heap of fun with my acoustic and a looper pedal
Yeah I think the idea to move forward with this is squashed. It's something for at least right now I really do not need.
There's nothing like mic training to improve your vocals. For acoustics I like the sound picked up from the wood. Ever lay your ear on the wood while you're playing? Yea, THAT!
Quote by skido13
There's nothing like mic training to improve your vocals. For acoustics I like the sound picked up from the wood. Ever lay your ear on the wood while you're playing? Yea, THAT!

I can't sing. I am sold on not getting an amp. BUT I would like a really old nice looking shoe shine box as a replacement foot rest to my existing plastic contraption.