Should I start a music journal... and share it on forums such as this?

I've been thinking about starting a music journal (a page write up about things I tried that day musically, my goals, my struggles/issues I came across with music as well as other random things) and I feel like I should post it on guitar/music forums to get feedback on my ideas and support with problems I'm having and also to create some interest/curiosity about what I'm doing so if I create anything of merit worth sharing there would be people interested in hearing it.

Does that sound like something you'd be interested in reading/hearing?

I guess it depends...

Yay or nay?
Quote by StewieSwan
Not really, bruh.

^^^
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Maybe I should just do it for myself to keep track of what I'm doing and trying to do...
Quote by Joshua Garcia
"Music journals to forums"

It's usually the other way around.

How so?
If you're going to put that much effort into it, just film yourself and put it on youtube. Who knows maybe u got the stuff kid.
#superstarpotential
just upload your shit to youtube and soundcloud
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Unless your writing is really good or unique (in a good way), then no, I don't think people will be very interested in your journal. If you think you'll enjoy it or will help you in anyway, then go for it.
Free Ali
Quote by MindIsMaster
How so?
Because The Pit usually gets spammed with people thinking it's a personal blog rather than a forum and that annoys some so they tell them to get a blog. They usually don't.

Your idea is a little different though. Maybe you'd be better suited in the Guitar Techniques forum or some other forum here and ask questions there. If it's just your ideas, I'd suggest a diary journal.
i remember one guy did this a while back and i laughed almost as hard as if i kicked you you would fall down

actually no i laughed about the same.

brb finding those posts.

found them but he used image urls and i guess they ran out. but they were just so droll i laughed for quite a moment.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33386805#post33386805
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 1, 2016,
I'm just testing the waters... maybe it could/would be interesting depending on how I conduct it.

Youtube/Soundcloud is probably the best option but I'm not setup to record just yet (I need software and a new computer) and I'm also still trying to find my direction - I'm a delay/reverb whore and overall effects junkie BUT I'm undecided on what to do in order to play & create the type of music I want (I'm also slowly moving away from the abundance of effects).

I guess most people don't care about the inner workings of things (that's not really a problem) and would rather see a finished product because anybody can talk the talk but not many can walk the walk. Also it might ruin the sense of mystery, so that might be another reason to keep what's going on behind the scenes -> behind the scenes.

Will Lane - I'd like to see those posts if you find them
you don't really need much to start some basic recording.

get a usb mic for the guitar they are pretty cheap but spend maybe around $50-$100 USD. i actually used a konami mic (i think it was for a video game) for a while. you can download audacity for free, it is lightweight software. if your computer has a built-in webcam and mic that is an extra mic for voice and video as well. spend some time in windows movie maker and you are set. you may want to dl avs video converter as well so you can split the webcam mic sound from the video for mixing.

if you want to storm the gates running a strong pro-fesh-n-al setup, go to the recording subforum and read up on the sticky.
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 2, 2016,
Quote by Will Lane
you don't really need much to start some basic recording.

get a usb mic they are pretty cheap but spend maybe around $50-$100 USD. you can download audacity for free, it is lightweight software. if your computer has a built-in webcam and mic that is an extra mic for voice and vidya as well. spend some time in windows movie maker and you are set.

I couldn't see what that Earbuds guy posted it just came up blank for me...

I'll start recording in a week or so... I just moved to a new place and I need to get things sorted.
Quote by Will Lane
^yeah i think the image codes he used for his journal ran out of time or something to use. good luck with the journaling after you get everything set up.

I think it would be a worthwhile thing to do for myself (maybe...?) but I don't know. A lot of the issues I have are technological, I seem to distract myself from playing but getting lost in gear setup designs, well not as much as I use to especially after taking a year hiatus.

If it seems interesting and worthwhile/entertaining enough to share maybe it will happen