Poll: Is Kanye West a genius?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Kanye West a genius?
Yes.
11 14%
No.
68 86%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
After Yeezus I kinda thought yes now no not really. He's either just mental or pretending to be mental in a way that's not really working for me anymore. He's just a sad case. Well maybe not JUST he can still produce. If that actually is his production on the latest album. Made 3 good albums 2 shit ones then one great album documenting his breakdown now he's back to eehhhhh
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Mar 1, 2016,
Oh just to be clear: I'm not asking if he makes good music, I'm asking if he's a genius. Obviously musical quality impacts this but it's much more than whether or not he occasionally makes good or bad music.
He's the self proclaimed "Greatest Rockstar in the world" despite never playing a lick of rock. He must be a genius.
nah, but it's kinda impressive that he doesn't seem to give two shits what people think of him as long as his stunts sell records.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
who the fuck is kanye west
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
one of the hallmarks of being a genius is that you don't think you're a genius. it's sort of how the dunning-kruger effect works.
Quote by Jackintehbox at #33860804
one of the hallmarks of being a genius is that you don't think you're a genius. it's sort of how the dunning-kruger effect works.

I'm sure no genius ever has had an ego
Quote by whywefight
Oh just to be clear: I'm not asking if he makes good music, I'm asking if he's a genius. Obviously musical quality impacts this but it's much more than whether or not he occasionally makes good or bad music.

It really depends what he's trying to do. I think he has a kinda magical impact on the world but I don't really think it's intentional. To me it seems his impression of what he's doing is vastly different to what he actually is doing. I guess you could call him some massively delusional disturbed idiot savant.
Quote by Jackintehbox

no.
I don't know if I would call him a genius, but my opinion of him is quite positive.
cat
Geniuses are smart
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Yes no, maybe. I don't know
no he's def not
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
He's so much of a genius, he imploded
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by whywefight
I'm sure no genius ever has had an ego

i wasn't talking about modesty, i was talking more about acknowledging things you don't know. he thinks he's a god, so he's not very good at that.
I've heard he's actually a pretty nice guy if you get past the ego driven bullshit.

I can't stand his music.
I don't know what a genius is, but he's certainly much, much more intelligent an artist than people give him credit for.

This question, btw, is better suited to my superior media theory thread.
I don't listen to his music that much so I dunno. I did hear he recenty been asking people for money..
Last edited by roger at Mar 1, 2016,
He's just a man with an ego and cult around his personality.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
he's a sometimes very talented hip hop artist who thinks a lot of himself. In some ways, it's nice to see someone like that. He's good at what he does. At least he doesn't play it down.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I wouldn't think so but I think he said something like "if people learn from their mistakes, I'm a f***ing genius" so by that logic, he must be.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I wouldn't think so but I think he said something like "if people learn from their mistakes, I'm a f***ing genius" so by that logic, he must be.

Only if he learns from his mistakes.

After all, Niels Bohr said something along the lines of "an expert is simply someone who has made every mistake possible in a narrow field".
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal

After all, Niels Bohr said something along the lines of "an expert is simply someone who has made every mistake possible in a narrow field".

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people miss that part. Making mistakes doesn't give you experience. Making mistakes, acknowledging that and then recognising those mistakes before you make them again gives you experience.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
He's just a man with an ego and cult around his personality.

Now this is an interesting possibility. Why would you say that?
Poll needs a "don't know" option. I know his name but don't know who he is or what he does. Guess = rapper.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Neils Bohr was a bore
Quote by skylerman123
He's an embarrassment to real musicians with real talent.

Thank you.

You were referring to me, right?
Page 1 of 2