I've opened a thread earlier about searching for a 7-string guitar, and after not being pleased with the sparse choices available in Israel, I decided to go with the eBay option if I'll get a deal that's still worthwhile in comparison to local options.

I've stumbled upon the Ibanez RG7620, which seems like a really good guitar with many players recommending it. I found very little listings of it, so that's actually the best deal there was, but the seller from Japan I came across asks for $713 for it. It's supposed to be in very good condition according to him/her, but other than pictures I can't verify this any further (though they seem like a highly rated seller); I've found quotes of past resells of the RG7620 going rather lower, but these were mostly (if not all) in the US and maybe aren't representative of the current market. But to the $713 I'll need to add $71 delivery plus 17% (on both) Israeli import duty. That would be more than $900 (yet that's still cheaper than the few other listings I saw, especially than their delivery charges for whatever reason).

I have these considerations: How reasonable is that price?

The RG7620 has a 25.5" scale length - how well is it suited for Drop A, perhaps even Drop Ab tuning?

This one is stated to come with a gig bag - how safe is it if it's not delivered in a hard case? How is it packaged?

Thanks in advance.
RG7620s seem to get a lot of good press online. I've never had a chance to play one myself, but IMO you can't go wrong with an Ibanez 7 string. Pretty much all of them are competitive with any other 7 string in their price range, if not better. As for that price, that appears to be around what they sell for usually here in the US. If I were in your position, I'd go for it. The gig bag might be a concern, but as long as the seller knows how to pack well it should be okay. Check the seller's feedback if you haven't already.

25.5" scale should be fine. My Universe is that scale, and I have it in drop A with 10-56 strings and it handles it fine. If it feels floppy just go up a gauge.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
The seller's feedback is very good - that's why I tend to believe them about its condition being great, but regarding this gig bag delivery? I've just sent them a question about it to hear their opinion.

Also, it's supposed to be black. I presume it's just the fluorescent reflections (and the seller's agreed with me on this), but it's slightly greenish in the photos. Is there even a chance it's in a color other than black production-wise?

Last edited by TLGuitar at Mar 2, 2016,
OK, here's what he replied to me about the shipping. I guess it should be fine.

Last edited by TLGuitar at Mar 2, 2016,
That looks like it should be ok. I mean, anything can happen during shipping, but it looks like the seller knows his stuff. If/when you get this guitar, be sure to do a proper NGD post for it!
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
OK, I'm buying it. I wish there was room for some bargaining, but he currently had the best price anyway. Though I'm actually surprised he replied to me in relatively skillful English. Some of the listings under that seller felt Google Translated (though it could be more than one person).

And let's just hope I'll somehow not be charged with that extra 17% tax.