So, here's part of a tab for a song I'm trying to play:
(See attached image)

btw, that is from Parkway Drive - The River (measures 45 - 56; on Songsterr)
http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/parkway-drive-the-river-tab-s357855t0

It's in Drop B tuning (least I think it is)

I'm trying to figure out how to play that fast part. Where it seems I'm fast picking on the lowest string then quickly switching to the 2nd lowest string for 2 notes, then back to fast picking on the lowest string.

Also, how should I place my fingers on the parts of the intro?
Where the tabs say:
 top (B) = lowest string; bottom (D) = highest string
B   [--------------]
Gb  [--------------]
B   [-8------10---]
E   [-10-----9----]
Ab  [-10-----8----]
D   [-10-----8----]

Please excuse my terrible attempt at tab writing.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 11.57.09 PM.png
Last edited by Parac at Mar 2, 2016,
Well, for where to place your fingers in the little tab section you wrote you would probably want to put your first finger on the 8th fret and your third finger across the three strings on the 10th

Then for the next chord switch to your first finger across the two highest strings on the 8th fret, your second finger on the 9th fret and your third finger on the 10th

If you aren't used to what to call your fingers:

1st finger is pointer
2nd finger is middle
3rd finger is ring
4th finger is pinky

It sounds like you are on the right track with the other part. You have to pick 4 times at the 8th fret on the lowest string - 1 time on the 5th fret on next string - twice on the lowest...and so on as the tab shows.

Hold the 8th fret with your 4th finger and use your 1st finger on the 5th fret.

Where it says 5/8 you pick it on the 5 and while holding it down slide your finger to the 8th fret.

The main thing is maybe you are trying to go too fast too soon. Slow down and get comfortable with the basic motions of it before you try to play it fast.
Quote by That_Ship
Well, for where to place your fingers in the little tab section you wrote you would probably want to put your first finger on the 8th fret and your third finger across the three strings on the 10th

Then for the next chord switch to your first finger across the two highest strings on the 8th fret, your second finger on the 9th fret and your third finger on the 10th

If you aren't used to what to call your fingers:

1st finger is pointer
2nd finger is middle
3rd finger is ring
4th finger is pinky

It sounds like you are on the right track with the other part. You have to pick 4 times at the 8th fret on the lowest string - 1 time on the 5th fret on next string - twice on the lowest...and so on as the tab shows.

Hold the 8th fret with your 4th finger and use your 1st finger on the 5th fret.

Where it says 5/8 you pick it on the 5 and while holding it down slide your finger to the 8th fret.

The main thing is maybe you are trying to go too fast too soon. Slow down and get comfortable with the basic motions of it before you try to play it fast.

Thanks for the first part,
but for the 2nd part, I have the parts for fretting down, I'm more wondering how I can quickly reach the 2nd lowest string to pick a note, then quickly go back to the lowest string to pick the other notes.
In other words, I want to know how to play it with my picking hand

Thanks very much
In addition to what has been suggested I would also YouTube the song and try to find someone playing it to which you can hear the tempo and watch their finger positions.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by Parac
but for the 2nd part, I have the parts for fretting down, I'm more wondering how I can quickly reach the 2nd lowest string to pick a note, then quickly go back to the lowest string to pick the other notes.

Thanks very much

You just have to practice it. Get the metronome and start slow.
Quote by Parac

Thanks very much

Ok for that the main thing is to play it slowly, preferably with a metronome and get comfortable with it.

I don't know how this band plays, but it looks like they are probably a really heavy band. Some bands mostly only use all down picks for that. If that's what you aim to do it will be difficult to get it to a fast speed.

If you alternate pick it will be a little bit easier to play fast, but in either case you have to choose a style to use (All downstrokes or alternating down and up after each note) and start off slow enough for you to be able to play it comfortably.

If I'm still not explaining it right, let me know.