This may come as a silly question, but I'm a total noob on this matters. I'm buying a Boss sd-1 to use with my jca22h and when I was choosing an instrument cable to plug the boss to the amp I noticed there are mono jack cables and stereo jack cables...so which one is the right one?
for 99% of instruments and FX you use a mono instrument cable. They usually have it marked if you would need a stereo cable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Always use standard mono, unbalanced instrument cables for guitar to amp use. As a bonus, they are usually the cheapest.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan