Poll: Would you let your partner have your social media passwords?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you let your partner have your social media passwords?
Yes
23 26%
No
53 61%
Something else
6 7%
Dunno
5 6%
Voters: 87.
Page 1 of 6
Simple question, would you? If you don’t let your partner have these passwords, are you hiding something? If your partner doesn’t let you read their social media, are they hiding something? Would this be a deal breaker for you?

Personally on my social media accounts I am often talking about some pretty private things with my mates with regards to their lives so I wouldn’t let my partner go on my accounts out of respect for them, as opposed to any unfaithfulness on my party.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
No. Some things need to be private still. When my wife and I were first going out, her mum had access to her Facebook. I thought that was really weird, especially as we would talk over Messenger occasionally, and told her pretty much straight away that it wasn't cool.

I'm not unfaithful and even if I was it wouldn't be over Facebook, but I still don't want her reading my messages to people. Most of the time it's no big deal but occasionally I need to have a vent to someone about something she's done that's really annoyed me but isn't worth getting into an argument over. She doesn't need to see that, and I assume she does the same regarding me. It's never been a big point of contention in our relationship though.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

No. Regardless of whether I have anything to hide, if she doesn't trust me enough not to have my passwords then thats on her and the relationship is probably fucked anyway.

And like RAB says, what if I was roasting her in the group chat, you know?

It's never been an issue though so I dunno
everyone has and deserves privacy for a multitude of reasons, you don't give that up, and shouldn't expect anyone else to either

a healthy relationship isn't about not having secrets, it's about those secrets not mattering to each other, and accepting and respecting privacy
Quote by Ichikurosaki
everyone has and deserves privacy for a multitude of reasons, you don't give that up, and shouldn't expect anyone else to either

a healthy relationship isn't about not having secrets, it's about those secrets not mattering to each other, and accepting and respecting privacy

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
He doesn't use or like social media so him asking for my passwords would be pretty weird and make me not trust him. However, if I were to spontaneously give him my passwords I would trust him with them (ie not post from my account or read all my private messages for fun). I don't have anything to hide from him anyway and social media isn't particularly private.
cat
hell no

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
yeah

i only use facebook and instagram

i have nothing to hide
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
yeah

i only use facebook and instagram

i have nothing to hide

liar

you're on here too

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
yea, I don't really do anything on FB or Instagram that isn't public anyway. I only really use them to follow other people.

this site? fuuuuuuuuuck no
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
liar

you're on here too

do random internet forums really count as legit social media outlets?
Besides the fact that the pit is basically a chat-room, i don't even know most of your real names.

i wouldn't care if my gf found out about my shit posts on UG or other forums that i frequent.
Really don't have anything to hide that they don't already know about me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Everything with private messaging function is social media

Don't like danial your gf would dump you for being a MGTOW

Quote by k.lainad
do random internet forums really count as legit social media outlets?
Besides the fact that the pit is basically a chat-room, i don't even know most of your real names.

i wouldn't care if my gf found out about my shit posts on UG or other forums that i frequent.
Really don't have anything to hide that they don't already know about me.

WHEN YOU GET HOME WE NEED TO HAVE A SERIOUS TALK
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Everything with private messaging function is social media

Don't like danial your gf would dump you for being a MGTOW

(tips fedora)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

the issue would be less about what would happen if she had the passwords, and more about the type of character she has to be to want them in the first place

so i think i'd at least initially say no out of principle, but i don't really care about the loss of privacy
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Mar 2, 2016,
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
the issue would be less about what would happen if she had the passwords, and more about the type of character she has to be to want them in the first place

Exactly this. I value my privacy even if I have nothing to hide.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by MakinLattes
Yeah. I talk to them about everything so it's not like there'd be any surprises.

Yup.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Sure, hopefully they can remember what it is because I always forget my password to everything.
I personally wouldn't share my passwords with anyone. I rarely if ever talk to people of social media, but I'd let her know who I normally spoke to without any cover-ups.

People deserve privacy. I don't expect her to give up hers while we're in a relationship, so I should receive the same.
Skip the username, call me Billy
she already has them LOL

and I can access her stuff as well

we absolutely almost never do it though. There's no reason to. It's really just for emergencies and for helping each other out if the other is busy or away or something.

We respect each other's privacy while simultaneously knowing that we have no reason to question that privacy.

It's a cush setup
My God, it's full of stars!
Well she already has them so I guess yes. I don't see the big deal, it's not like she would ever go on them anyway. If you can't trust your partner to not secretly go onto your accounts then that seems like a problem to me. I guess it's not too big of a deal if you want to keep them super private either, but like do you lock your phone and keep it out of their reach too?

Whatever works for you, but it is freeing to not worry about dumb shit like that.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by Ichikurosaki

you are such a relationship guru i love it

haha noooooo

like I've nothing to hide, but I don't need to run the risk of them being secretly neurotic, jealous etc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
yeah wtf man

i don't want to have a partner ever, but even if i did it wouldn't matter bc i don't ever use my social media accounts anyway
i use my facebook purely for chatting with my cousin and i only use my twitter to read shit from people i follow while i am on the toilet

no sharing email password tho, that shit obviously wouldn't work out
Quote by institutions
yeah wtf man

i don't want to have a partner ever, but even if i did it wouldn't matter bc i don't ever use my social media accounts anyway
i use my facebook purely for chatting with my cousin and i only use my twitter to read shit from people i follow while i am on the toilet

no sharing email password tho, that shit obviously wouldn't work out

they get your steam password too

as to providing an answer hell no i wouldnt give passwords or w/e out if in in a relationship shit i didnt even let me last ex hold my phone

im really picky about who i let touch my stuff there are people who ive known for a decade and i still dont let them use my computer or sit in certain chairs
i don't let anyone use my PC either but... that's for other reasons

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33861680

then no definitely not
buy your own games you cheap fuck
Quote by EndTheRapture51
imagine if in revenge/out of madness they buy a shit ton of games under your name

it's hard not to see that with a silver lining
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'd rather give someone all my social media passwords than to let them touch my phone
i get really anal about shit too sg its a horrible existence to live with i cant let anyone in my room i mean what if they move my monitor an inch to the left or something i need my stuff exactly how i want it left

even i dont like moving my stuff tho tbh so dusting is a nightmare
Hell no.

No. No passwords at all, in general. The ultimatum would be: me without passwords, or not me and no passwords either
I gave my ex my Origin password so she could play the Sims when we were going out

Quote by EyeNon15
I'd rather give someone all my social media passwords than to let them touch my phone
do you take pictures of ppls feet too?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Ichikurosaki at #33861691
i get really anal about shit too sg its a horrible existence to live with i cant let anyone in my room i mean what if they move my monitor an inch to the left or something i need my stuff exactly how i want it left

even i dont like moving my stuff tho tbh so dusting is a nightmare

im okay with people being in my room but they have to abide by my rules 100% or i start to lose my mind
Quote by seanlang01
Reasons the pit is single and lonely thread.

You sound whipped tbh it'll be funny when she leaves you