Hi I'm using a Zoom G1xnext and i'm getting a new multi effect
My budget is 200$(can go a bit more) i'm willing to go new only if possible.
If possible I want the effect that I can record my guitar in to my computer (USB)
i'm looking at
-Line 6 Pod XT
-Line 6 Pod Express
-Boss ME-25
-Vox ToneLab ST
-VoX Stomplab 2G
i'm pretty sure at this price i cant build a pedal board. So yeah
Thank you
Quote by kabadi.man
Zoom G3 is something else to consider.

I have the Bass version. there is a review on UG Here for the G3. The video at the end is quite good

+1 to this. I have the G3 on my board, it sounds good & couldn't be easier to use.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Within that budget, you might try to find a used Pod X3. This is like an XT on steroids. It essentially includes all the extra cost model packs that were available when the XT was discontinued, all (or a lot of) the Bass Pod XT firmware, and it will also allow you to run two separate rigs at once (wet/dry, clean/modified) and, if you're recording, you can run each to a separate track/input. http://line6.com/legacy/podx3/

Here's one on EvilBay for $179 BIN, for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-POD-X3-live-pedal-board/172118328093?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3Dfbf1071de89144da95ca955d1f07b277%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D16%26sd%3D281932527458
I have the digitech rp360 and it's really a good option.You also have a PC interface to ease the use of the effects and cabinets simulators.
I have a POD XT Live collecting dust. I should sell it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I've been using the Zoom MS-50g. Pretty great pedal and doesn't consume a lot of space. I love the reverbs, delays, and modulations. Not a big fan of the distortions but, I didn't buy the pedal for that anyways, so I wasn't very disappointed about that. The amp emulators are pretty decent.

I definitely would suggest this to players.
Quote by JustRooster
I have a POD XT Live collecting dust. I should sell it.

Check it still works. I have/had one that has failed because there is a small chip in it to encrypt the software that decided to stop working. Getting it repaired would apparently cost about as much as buying a new one.
Quote by JustRooster
It does. I wouldn't even know what to charge for it.

Check ebay's completed listings.

Or just put it on there with a 0.99 start price & let the bidding commence.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
One thing to consider is how it will be used. If you are planning to use it for live gigs consider how easy it is to move from one patch to another quickly. All the pedals mentioned have decent effects but not all are easy to operate quickly in a live setting. As an example I have an older BOSS ME-30 and a BOSS ME-50. They have multiple pedals so you can call up a bank that contains four patches and move easily between the four patches using the four pedals on the board. I also a have Digitech RP255 that has really good effects (especially the Lexicon reverbs) but in order to use it you only have two pedals; up and down. So imagine you are playing a song live and you are playing on rhythm patch #1 and want to go to patch #25 for a lead, on this modal you have to scroll up from patch #1 to patch #25. That doesn't work well in a live situation so as much as I love the sounds in it, the Digitech has become my home studio effects unit for recording (and it's great for that). Now I'm not knocking Digitech at all or any other multi effects pedal, as a matter of fact some Digtech pedals have more switches to get you to patches more efficiently. I'm just pointing out that it's something to consider.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Mar 3, 2016,
I've had the L6: XT Live, X3 Live, HD300, HD500, and still have Boss GT-100.
IMHO none compare to the GT-100.

All the Line 6 boxes I've owned, I paid $200 or less for used via CL (XT & X3 - $75, HD300 & 500 - $200). Out of all of them, I would only get the XT Live again. It may not have the polish of the HD series, but it's solid and easy to program and easy to use. The X3 has a design issue where the boards come off the pegs inside do to use. If you feel like opening it up and epoxying every peg, then go for it. It has way more features. The HD series sounds better, but is tough to program.

Other than that look for a used Digitech RP-500 or RP-1000. My old lead player used the 1000. It sounded great and he used it live with ease.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Thanks Auriemma. I have also been looking at an upgraded Digitech RP. I love sounds in the RP 255 that I have and would love to use it for playing gigs but as I mentioned above there is a real issue with not being able to get to the patches fast enough for a live unit. I looked into an RP500 and your suggestion of the nailed it for me. I looked on Ebay and see that I can get one at a reasonable used price around $125. That's perfect for me. Great suggestion. Thanks.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Auriemma
The X3 has a design issue where the boards come off the pegs inside do to use. If you feel like opening it up and epoxying every peg, then go for it. It has way more features. The HD series sounds better, but is tough to program.

Are you talking about the X3 Live or the X3 "bean?" I had to go look at my Live to see if anything was potentially amiss, and it's solid as a rock. And, as you say, it has way more features.

I really haven't had issues programming the HD, but I'm doing it on the computer. The editing software is far easier to use than the little screen on the unit. I've been told the Helix is easier to program (bigger screen, for starters) on the unit itself, but I'm spoiled by the computer now. Besides, you can save entire set lists of user presets on the computer and just feed them into the unit. Especially nice if you decide to change the set order, eliminate a song, etc.