The solo in "Ain't Gonna Give Up On Love" is one of my favorites. At the 6:03 mark in this video-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=820u5aQ-HRg --SRV does a cool tremolo with a chord. I can't figure out what chord, or how he's getting the tremolo. He doesn't look to be bending the strings, and it doesn't look like he's bending the neck. Bending strings is the only thing that seems logical.

Any idea what chord it is, and how he's getting the tremolo?
It's a double stop with a bend (not tremolo). The motion is hard to see because he's moving the whole guitar up and down at the same time.

If you're in standard tuning, use the ring and pinky on the 6th fret of the G and B strings and bend so that the G goes up and down by whole step. It's an appropriate gesture over the I or IV in a blues.
I think closer to a half step than a whole, but yeah, it's just a repeated bend on the G and B strings that hits the flat fifth and the seventh (and so comes nicely back to the root).
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
yeah sounds like a double stop bend to me too. and yeah probably half-step.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bending two strings at once you wont get both of them to bend the same amount. It sounded like the G string goes up to Db, but the B string likely doesn't bend the same amount. I may also have mis-played the note later what with SRV tuning down and me not.

Either way, that's the technique. Bend whatever amount makes it sound right.
Thanks!

I called it a tremolo because tremolo is wavering the tone of a note. I was pretty sure it was a bend, but not 100%.
Quote by cdgraves
Bending two strings at once you wont get both of them to bend the same amount. It sounded like the G string goes up to Db, but the B string likely doesn't bend the same amount. I may also have mis-played the note later what with SRV tuning down and me not.

Either way, that's the technique. Bend whatever amount makes it sound right.

yeah good point. as you said, just use your ears to make it sound right.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is it true he reversed his tremolo because his sleeves kept getting caught.
Flying in a blue dream
Quote by SanDune65
Is it true he reversed his tremolo because his sleeves kept getting caught.

No. His sleeves kept getting caught because he reversed his tremolo, and I think the best guess anyone has for the reason he did that is that it was to emulate Hendrix.

There's also a story that at one point they needed to replace the thing and the only trem they could find was a lefthanded one, and Stevie just stuck with it cause he liked it. That's possible too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Mar 5, 2016,
i wear t shirts

EDIT: not all at once, I mean I wear one t-shirt at a time
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i wear t shirts

EDIT: not all at once, I mean I wear one t-shirt at a time

but what if it's cold
hoody

though playing guitar i'm normally warm enough in a t-shirt
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You're missing out on your SRV tone if you aren't wearing baggy, unreasonably shiny collared shirts
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
^ ooof

Quote by K33nbl4d3
You're missing out on your SRV tone if you aren't wearing baggy, unreasonably shiny collared shirts

i thought i just wasn't practising enough, but that's a much more palatable reason.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?