Hello!

I currently have a Orange #4 cabinet and I've been offered 2 Laney IRT212 cabs in trade. Is this a good trade, and do any of you have any experiences with it?
Quote by Skotland
Hello!

I currently have a Orange #4 cabinet and I've been offered 2 Laney IRT212 cabs in trade. Is this a good trade, and do any of you have any experiences with it?

Just indirect experience - with my Laney IRT112 combo. The build quality is fine, worth the money. But the stock "Laney" speaker in it sounded like CRAP !! I threw it out almost instantly and replaced it with a Celestion K100 - and the result is killer!! Moral of my story? Don´t expect anything (good) from the stock "Laney" speakers.
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
Yeah Laney is built good, but the stock IRT speaker is less than stellar, keep your Orange cab. You might want to either swap the speakers in yours or just sell it and buy a new cab. The #4 cab doesn't have great speakers either
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate