Hi Everybody. I'm Bobby ; I was looking around on line the other day and found what I thought was an old Ventura 335 copy. ( The old Ventura's were really good guitars. )It's not here yet but I think it's a new one. I can find nothing on the new ones , Except They are coming from a company in Austin TX. Does any body know anything about them ?
Thank You
Bobby
Well considering they seem to have no distribution or dealers (none on their web site). That right there would make me skeptical
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yes Me Too . But I'm keeping my fingers crossed . lol One can only hope. If all else fails I bought a brand new D'Angelico EX-DC Getting ready to try it out.
Well I've found out that they have a maple (laminate ) top , Rosewood fingerboard , set neck , Stopbar tail piece , tune o matic bride , And 5 ply celluloid binding , body neck and headstock ,And says a 3 ply pickguard but it looks like a single ply. And it seems like I saw somewhere their made in China .
I picked it up on the way home from work . The edges Of the frets are very sharp. I'll try to set it up in a little while or tomorrow . Fret Edges will need to be filed.
Definitely post some pics when you can, I'm interested to see.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The fret work is horrible . The 3rd and 12th and 13 and 14th frets are so high it's not funny . The tuners are junk . Haven't plugged it in yet . It's in getting ground and crowned . But not expecting much . It will probably be an around the house guitar that sit's on a stand in the living room. I'm very disappointed Would not recommend it to anybody that is not looking for a project guitar.
that sucks thanks for the heads-up, though. maybe it'll stop someone else from getting burned like you did.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah that sucks. But like I said I wouldn't have ordered because of the lack of dealers/distribution

Good luck
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Burned ? Not really (yet ) If it comes back with a good fret job . ( Steve Owens is very good. ) then New tuners. I've got good pickups and pots I can put in it. So 300 for the guitar, 92 For the fret job. 60 new tuners. $ 452.00 Not to bad. Don't have a clue how much a new one costs ?
Don't See how they can turn them out in that shape . It's like their not finished yet .
I guess Buying one is like a crap shoot You might get a good one , you might not. Some company in Austin Tx bought the name. Their only selling them to small music stores .
Their target market is people who have never owned a guitar or don't know the first thing about them. They're not selling guitars, they're selling guitar shaped objects.
Seems that way Kinda sucks for me but I'll turn it in to a good guitar . Even thou it's not really worth it . But it might turn out good .
Quote by Bobby1959
Kinda thinking that's what this place ( Ultimate Guitar ) is here for.

yeah pretty much
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could not really take it back they would have sold it to some poor kid and he would not no how to have it fixed . Or not have the money . O'well it is what it is.
Ouch Found a place that sells them in Calif. New $239.00 Guess I will no be sitting down for a while. lol