This is my first foray into recording, so bear with me. I picked up a Presonus Audiobox iOne to fool with. I haven't gotten around to setting it up since I've been busy, but it did occur to me that I'm not sure if I need to have an amp or not.

Thanks
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
An amp? For your guitar? That is entirely up to you. If you use a guitar amp you will need to either have a proper direct out or you will need to mic up the speaker cabinet.

If you wanted to plug your guitar directly into the interface you can, if you wanted to use amp simulation software like Bias or Guitar Rig.
Quote by Will Lane
An amp? For your guitar? That is entirely up to you. If you use a guitar amp you will need to either have a proper direct out or you will need to mic up the speaker cabinet.

If you wanted to plug your guitar directly into the interface you can, if you wanted to use amp simulation software like Bias or Guitar Rig.

+1 amp/cab sim software is generally pretty damn good quality too, if you ask me- so you should be able to get some good results and have fun plugging direct
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

No you don't need an amp.

Read the introduction to recording sticky.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Will Lane

Ok, thanks. I got a little confused on if it was required.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.