Alright. So I knocked off the high e string's tuning knob on my Gibson SG Standard. Pretty sure they are Gibson Deluxe tuners. Basically now the thing won't go back on, it'll go back on but it won't stay there... Haven't tried putting new strings on it, does anyone know a way to fix this problem without doing any saudering or welding or anything like that? I can't seem to find any solutions on youtube... Doesn't look like it's broken or anything

TL;DR Tuning peg fell off and won't stay on despite looking completely normal.
Okay explain more. The tuning pegs have screws and holes to keep them mounted. Did you strip them?

Theres no welding or soldering with tuners lol

Are you talking about the tuner or just the little tuning peg?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 4, 2016,
Let's see if I'm getting this right... so your tuner is screwed in but it won't stay in place? Can you take like a 5 second video so we can see what exactly the tuner is doing?
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Guitar is far from the verge of death. Worst case scenario: You buy a new tuning peg from an authorized Gibson parts dealer. 5 minutes later, guitar is fixed.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
It sounds like the Knob (plastic button) got knocked off (please don't tell me you store this thing on a stand all the time or lean it against your amp!). Am I correct? Did you crack the head stock while you were at it?
If not you can ry gluing the knob back on with superglue or you can just buy a set of Klusons (the companythat makes Gibsons tuners)

Kluson Tulip tuners for Gibsons

If it's a Gibson then 60 for a new tuner set is nothing really or you could try Grover or Gotoh replacements but may have to ream the head stock mounting holes for those.
Moving on.....
I would use slow-setting epoxy, as it has high bond strength and will fill any gaps between the shaft and the hole in the knob. It will also repair any cracks in the knob. I had a knob on my old Gibson repaired like that for years; even with a big crack in the knob, it held fine.

Just be sure to mask off around the knob, as you don't want the epoxy getting where it shouldn't be.
Epoxy is a good idea. 30 minute epoxy should be more than enough time to put the knob on, clean the shaft and let the hardener do its magic.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Basically the mounting plate is still on the headstock. But the tuning peg won't fucking stay on lol, pretty big bummer.

I don't think I stripped anything, I knocked it one night and now it won't stay on. I looked around on google and shit and they all said that Deluxe Tuners have this problem.

I don't know what to do
Quote by magicant7
Basically the mounting plate is still on the headstock. But the tuning peg won't fucking stay on lol, pretty big bummer.

I don't think I stripped anything, I knocked it one night and now it won't stay on. I looked around on google and shit and they all said that Deluxe Tuners have this problem.

I don't know what to do

It almost sounds like you're blaming the tuner for your abuse (or carelessness)! It's not a cast tuner it's based on the original design which is stamped metal. They work fine, I've owned 4 Gibsons with them and have somehow managed not to knock my guitar over and damage them.
Moving on.....
Mate all you have to do is buy a new tuner and put it on, you are going on like the neck has snapped in half or something.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
I'd say you probably should try new screws.
I think tuners aren't too expensive, you could always go to a guitar shop and buy a new one

Or just take your guitar to a local guitar shop and let them fix it up
OP could you be a little more clear? pics or something?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I wouldn't do It.

Post a pic.

You could probably just order one tuner for probably not more than $10.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Just replace the entire tuner with an OEM Gibson tuner nothing to make a big deal out of!

Mountains vs. Molehills
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Seriously, if you can afford a Gibson, surely you can afford a replacement tuner for said.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Quote by Stillhouse
Seriously, if you can afford a Gibson, surely you can afford a replacement tuner for said.

That's what I was thinking he actually started another thread about this
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

seriously just get a new tuner. you don't need a second thread.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Tony Done
<Sigh> I thought we were talking about tuner knobs. PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 without pics it's hard to tell, it sounds like he has broken something inside like a gear or the post itself, anyway for the cost of a new one why bother trying to fix the broken one.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

If you're not going to post a picture or by a new tuner, we're not going to be able to help you out.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by magicant7

I looked around on google and shit and they all said that Deluxe Tuners have this problem.

I have several guitars with Gibson Deluxe Tuners including one from 1956 (ES 225) this was before they even stamped "Deluxe" on the tuner and i just replaced them after 60 years. The only reason it did was because the plastic ends were so old that they became brittle and two broke off the stems but the tuners still worked fine after 60 years on that guitar. There is no issue with the Gibson Deluxe Tuners that I know of or heard of.

Here's a pic of one of my old tuners from the 1956 ES-225 before they imprinted "Deluxe".
Attachments:
deluxe.jpg
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
^^ I think we're wasting our time. OP started another thread on this for some reason (looking for an answer they like I guess) and it's been closed by the Mods. No pics there either.
Moving on.....
Yep, agree- time to move on - tell you what OP, I'll give you a tenner for your clearly ruined useless Gibbo.
Quote by Rickholly74
I have several guitars with Gibson Deluxe Tuners including one from 1956 (ES 225) this was before they even stamped "Deluxe" on the tuner and i just replaced them after 60 years. The only reason it did was because the plastic ends were so old that they became brittle and two broke off the stems but the tuners still worked fine after 60 years on that guitar. There is no issue with the Gibson Deluxe Tuners that I know of or heard of.

Here's a pic of one of my old tuners from the 1956 ES-225 before they imprinted "Deluxe".

Basically this happened,

except ONLY the squade part with the peg stickin out has popped off.

the mount where it screws in is still on though.

EDIT: got no camera D:
Rickholly74 describes the tuner button degrading and coming detached from the stem. YOU describe the button, stem and casing being knocked away from the rest of the tuning machine. That's like saying throwing a bullet by hand is basically the same as firing a bullet from a gun.

Just get a whole new tuning machine installed.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Gluuuuuuuuue. Lmao. Just get some wood glue i think that might work. Anytime something breaks on a guitar the solution is always replace it or glue it back on tho.