we all grow as musicians, and we dont always (or immediately) write great songs. so for those of you who arent part of the skype group (or if you are and just want to spam), post your old, crappy tabs here so we can all laugh and have fun!
No worries, I was just curious what it was about, but would like to join however if it's about writing, music, being creative and so forth.

I'll PM you my skype name in a second.
Wrote this after two years of playing guitar. It was my first fully fleshed out idea. I recorded it and I was excited to show someone so I showed my mom and got the classic philistine response"I like the beat."

Unedited from where I left it back in 2010.

edit: also here's the recording
https://clyp.it/rm2aztyp
Attachments:
song C# revised.gp5
Last edited by From Your Grave at Mar 4, 2016,
Nice thread OP, I'm always fond of these kind of threads. Unfortunately I seem to have lost most of my first GP tabs, I don't remember why. They were pretty much unplayable blast-a-thon 6 string sweep madness with alot of metalcore cliches thrown in: pretty much my attempt at figuring out scales, time signatures and scales. My actual first song, at least the first song I finished I only have a MP3 recording of the GP5 tab and I cba posting it here.
I'm only gonna post some of my old favourite tabs since I currently have in my GP folder 876 files, which amounts to 1,42 GB of 98% GP5 tabs.
- I manage to save one of my old impossible shit tabs and that's the Tecnical metalcore rif tab;
- The fist song I almost finished was Untitled 1 (Incomplete). The final clean section features a solo totally ripped off from an Insomnium song, don't remember which;
- song 7 is a chill intro for a song I never actually wrote;
- Death Metal song 1 was my first attempt at a DM song;
- instrumental song 1 was probably my first attempt at a kind of epic song, most likely inspired by Gallery of Suicide by Cannibal Corpse; (cont.)
Attachments:
Tecnical metalcore rif.gp5
Untitled 1 (Incomplete).gp5
song 7.gp5
Death Metal song 1.gp5
instrumental song 1.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
(cont.)
- song 3 is a late Death inspired song, also one of the first times experimenting with odd time signatures;
- Experimental song is not that experimental, but i still think is kinda, sorta cool. Not really, but yeah.
- song 10 sounds like Divine Heresy a bit too much;
- Project Melodeath song 1; this one is not really mine but its a collaboration effort between my old bandmate/ex-friend. We parted ways a few years ago and I erased pretty much all of our songs but I forgot this one. We probably could've gotten somewhere if we wanted to band-wise, too bad we were too lazy back then.
- song separated from its... is another song I wrote for the same project/band back when we wanted to do heavier stuff, mainly because I wanted to. We didn't have any direction whatsoever lol. The only thing I didn't write was the second and fourth solo thing.
Now to wrap this up this was the first thing I ever wrote on GP: Can't attach it anymore because I already did it once and because I'm too lazy. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27757583&postcount=1

Shieet this took way too long, I need to get a life
Attachments:
song 3.gp5
Experimental song.gp5
song 10.gp5
Project Melodeath song 1.gp5
song separated from its umbilical chord xD.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
The final clean section features a solo totally ripped off from an Insomnium song, don't remember which;

THE KILLJOY

Here are a couple from probably 2010ish, before I figured out how to write parts that people could actually play. The lead in "rrr" is basically "Year of the Plague" by Mercenary.
Attachments:
Snakes on a Train lol.zip
rrr.gp5
Last edited by Cavalcade at Mar 5, 2016,
ometh, you crazy bastard! i havent seen you on here in ages. howve you been?

also how the hell do you even play those songs? do you have the forearm/masturbation workout of a god or something???
Quote by pAWNlol
ometh, you crazy bastard! i havent seen you on here in ages. howve you been?

also how the hell do you even play those songs? do you have the forearm/masturbation workout of a god or something???

I'm guessing youre talking about the metalcore one, i think everyone did these crazy technical songs to figure out the software
about my absence, yeah ive kinda hit a wall in terms of songwriting for almost an year now, nothing i write seems to please me and since that's the main reason why i write i'm feeling kinda stuck. also depression and procrastinating my life away, trying to work on that aswell
Quote by slapsymcdougal
dear God, i found this old "gem" hidden in my trash tabs folder (yes, i keep a trash tabs folder, for poops and laughter, you know?). i had just gotten away from the typical 4 track writing (guitars, bass, drums) and was trying to make my music "sophisticated". what ended up happening was this incomplete disaster with probably the longest fucking intro ive ever written. seriously, its a good few minutes of the same fucking chord progression, just on different tracks.

not to mention the "lead" is a blatant rip-off of the one from this song at 2:58 (in case you havent noticed a pattern, i used to be terrible at hiding my inspirations)
https://youtu.be/EfzqOP4nlAo
Attachments:
A tribute to the dead.gp5
Last edited by pAWNlol at Mar 14, 2016,
I'm pretty sure this is my first finished song (I had like a bazillion unfinished songs before that though, as I guess most of us have) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20612259&postcount=1

At the time I was furiously listening to PTH, which shows in more than one way.
those fucking strings XD its a good thing i wasnt listening with headphones

what even was that breakdown thing? its very try-hard complex haha. i really wouldnt have guessed PTH as an inspiration. it sounds more post hardcore with some wankery haha