Morning so basically I'm thinking whether or not to purchase the FS-1 (fat strat pickup that Dimarzo make) for the bridge on my squire, I checked on the site and it states it's 25% more powerful than stock pick ups. So what's people's experience with these? Are they worth the buy?

Many thanks.
What sort of tone are you chasing?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you go on my profile you'll see I posted a previous thread on "how do I achieve this strat sound", it has a few sound links with what kinda tone I'm after
I prefer Seymour Duncan rather than DiMarzio. I would recommend you to buy the SSL-1. It is an "almost exact" copy of the chimey tone that 60s stratocasters had.
Pickups are always a hard thing. Research is a great thing, and videos and forums can get you really far, but in the end, you have to see how they sound in your guitar with your playing and your gear.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by frecebutmito
I prefer Seymour Duncan rather than DiMarzio. I would recommend you to buy the SSL-1. It is an "almost exact" copy of the chimey tone that 60s stratocasters had.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm after abit more of a fatter sound and not too much of that clean/thin sound
Quote by Mincer
Pickups are always a hard thing. Research is a great thing, and videos and forums can get you really far, but in the end, you have to see how they sound in your guitar with your playing and your gear.

Very true very true, I don't exactly want to jump onto the first things I see, you tube is good if the video review is good. Exactly haha as I may not like them for example
The music in the "My band" link in my sig is a Dirty Harry bridge pup into what is essentially a SLO.

And here's a vid using the same rig:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ic7Tf-wBd6cUFEdW1RcG40VTA/view?usp=sharing
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A