whenever i play the top 2 strings A and E with a power chord, i get a echo annoying sound, have i tuned it wrong or something???
Is this with or without an amp?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
both and when i tune with my tuner device the letters are E B G D A A , have i tuned that part wrong?
Last edited by anderssen at Mar 5, 2016,
Starting from low to high your tuning should be EADGBe.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
yeah now i got it right, but is the e note suppose to be that loose? (the thickest)
Last edited by anderssen at Mar 5, 2016,
Depending on what gauge the strings are and the scale length of the guitar it might be loose. Also make sure you're not tuning it an octave lower. Play the 5th fret of you low E and it should match your A string.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
Mesa Mark V 25
It should feel a lot like your A string in terms of tightness but it might just be a light gauge string set. Just go with your tuner and as long as the string doesn't sound like mud or feel like there's too much tension on it then you're good.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
Mesa Mark V 25
as i said it feels alot loose but i dont know, maybe its suppose to be like that.
Quote by anderssen
as i said it feels alot loose but i dont know, maybe its suppose to be like that.

How old are the strings?
As everyone else said, you may just be tuning your E string an octave lower or it's probably just how light the string gauge is on your guitar.

If you wouldn't mind, maybe you can post a picture of you pulling up on both the (thick) E and A strings simultaneously. The tightness of each should be similar. Or, for us to make the diagnosis easier, maybe you can take a video (even if it's from your phone) and show us the tuning of your guitar.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by anderssen
so what should i take a picture at?

Just take a pic of how much slack is on both your E and A strings. They should be roughly equal.
Skip the username, call me Billy