Hi guys! I have a school project where I'm going to make an acoustic guitar cover video. I have absolutely no experience with recording and filming, so I'm looking for some tips. First of all, should I use the internal mic in my Fender CD-140SCE, or an external mic? Any tips for how I should record and edit?

All reponse is appreciated
The internal mic on the guitar should work just fine, but you'll need an audio interface to get the signal onto your computer (you'd also need one with a mic in case you were wondering). Something like a Focusrite Scarlett solo should work just fine. You'll also need a recording program (formally DAW), something like Reaper should work well. If you need a free DAW, maybe you could use Audacity, but I can't really vouch for it's quality.

So you just need to plug your guitar into an audio interface, select the interface as your recording device in a DAW and hit record. That's how you'll get a nice audio track that you can tweak and edit. You should probably start with some simple production tools like EQ and reverb. There are a ton of EQ tutorials online that you should check out, but generally if the sound is too harsh you should cut some higher frequencies, and if it's muddy and unclear you should cut some lower frequencies. You probably shouldn't be boosting anything just yet. And you can add a little bit of reverb to give the track some life.

Anyway, get an audio interface and a DAW and you'll be ready to go.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Read the Introduction to Recording sticky.

Also follow the advice given above, but I recommend Reaper, best free DAW around in my opinion. Audacity is too limited.
Quote by DanyFS
Read the Introduction to Recording sticky.

Also follow the advice given above, but I recommend Reaper, best free DAW around in my opinion. Audacity is too limited.

I recommended Reaper as far as I'm aware
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I recommended Reaper as far as I'm aware

Now that I read your post again, you did! Totally missed it