Hello,
I'm looking for some monitors to buy for my home studio.
I've been using my headphones for the last 2 years and I'd like to move to monitors now but I'm having doubts about it since my room is not treated at all.
So my question is: should I go with monitors?
If so, I'd like to be in the 300 euros for a pair of monitors (I live in Italy). I think there is something quite decent to get at that price point. I've seen the Yamaha HS8 which are, as far as I know, kind of a standard.
Thanks for your answers
You might well get a pair of nice monitors and treat your room afterwards, when you've saved up some more money for that.

A pair of good monitor speakers will most likely improve the reproduction quality even if your room is not the best sounding of rooms.
If you don't want to spend any more money than that you might go for a pair of JBL LSR305, tho I'd personally save up more and get a better pair.
Unless of course your current headphones sound plain bad and you can't properly mix anything with them, but in that case I'd get a decent pair of headphones since if you're recording you're probably gonna use a pair anyway.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
How much do you think is enough to get a good set that will last me a while?
Quote by Jayerrr
How much do you think is enough to get a good set that will last me a while?
I'd go for a pair of JBL LSR308 at least, then if you're serious about this whole thing you might wanna get a pair of yamy HS8, ADAM a7x or genelec 8040, depending on how you like them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Looks like you don't have too many great options in your price range(using Thomann as a reference)
I'd be shooting for KRK Rokits(5's or 6's)or the HS5's or 8's you listed if they can be had within budget.
As long as you learn the monitors you buy, you should have a decent time getting your mixes to translate well on other systems.