Quote by Ichikurosaki
id never give a dollar
id either give a reasonable amount of money because i believe in the product on offer or i'd just not give anything because i dont care there is no middle ground here

Maybe that's where charities are going wrong asking for $1 a month or whatever, perhaps they should concentrate on a lower number of hardcore believers.
Agreed with ichi

If you donate a decent chunk you usually get the first edition of the product in question, too, and usually at a less-than-retail price.

As for charities idk I don't tend to set up automatic payments. If I were to I'd probably do it proper as well.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I'd keep the money and buy myself some haribo

Charity starts at home or something
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I'd keep the money and buy myself some haribo

Charity starts at home or something

So does the diabeetus, though.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Why would using crowdfunding differ from any other method of donating to something you'd give a dollar to?

You may as well just ask why would you give a dollar to someone.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Why would using crowdfunding differ from any other method of donating to something you'd give a dollar to?

You may as well just ask why would you give a dollar to someone.

"Crowdfunding" implies that you get something in return for your money, as opposed to a donation to charity.
In that case, I'd pay $1 for a product or service that I believe to be worth $1.
i never donate money, unless im getting something in return

like i'll paypal you 5 bucks if you let me read your new book / have full digital copy of your album, etc

(i have done this with small time youtubers in the past, because like i said, i'll only pay for content)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Maybe someone suffering from cancer who can't pay. Only ones I've given to so far. In fact, if you wanna hustle $1 out of me, that's what you do.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Maybe someone suffering from cancer who can't pay. Only ones I've given to so far. In fact, if you wanna hustle $1 out of me, that's what you do.

There was an oldish black guy around 45/50 who got $100,000 or more towards buying a car, because he walked 21 miles to work every day. If he's working every day, surely he could buy a crappy car just by saving a small amount of money. Cheap bastard. And also it wasn't even him doing the crowdfunding, it's always some teenage white kid. I wonder if they actually force the person to the use the money in the way it was intended. Surely it's fraud if not?
Quote by k.lainad
i never donate money, unless im getting something in return

like i'll paypal you 5 bucks if you let me read your new book / have full digital copy of your album, etc

(i have done this with small time youtubers in the past, because like i said, i'll only pay for content)

What about something like this :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3174789/New-Jersey-waitress-paid-firefighters-meal-rewarded-help-raise-money-dad-s-wheelchair-van.html

(Forget that its the Daily Mail, I just used that link because the story is more condensed).
Probably nothing. I know people in person who could do with financial assistance and causes I care about that I can volunteer my time to. I would rather help them.
cat