Page 1 of 2
So I, after a conversation with rooster, decided to watch Jurassic World and as I was having pleasure dreams about Chris Pratt, thought back to those JP-themed rides at theme parks and so Disneyland and

well like I'm not exactly fond of the shite plasticy sheen that is most of Disney's roster now but it's like Pokemon - do you remember when you first watched Pokemon? Do you still get the nostalgia of how new and exciting it all was, when you had these cards that were all shiny and nicely designed (then) and there was the TV show and the toys and the school culture there where you'd buy one pack every so often and hope you got something good and trade and brag with your friends? You'd trade the electronic creatures you raised and named with your friends? Or the animated films + shows of your youth?

anyway I wanna go to disneyland and be 7 years old again only not in a creepy way

all that materialistic bullshit that's hard not to be wistful about bc childhood. if you were born in the late 80s/early 90s that is

what shows and franchises was it for you? do you ever get that nostalgia or

(this is a trash thread I know but)
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
i would shamelessly go to Disneyland with you.

Pokemon, Digimon, first generation Power Rangers.

sometimes passing by Yugioh cards at work brings me back.

well, i still actually play Pokemon games so...

(wanna get that new Digimon game once i beat some other stuff.)
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Nah but seriously I went to Euro Disney when I was 11 and absolutely loved it. I went again when I was 20 and loved it again, partly because of the sense of nostalgia but also because the rides are actually really fun.
disneyland is the embodiment of capitalism

i despise it

nah but for real, me and my ex were planning on going to disneyland Paris, i'd still like to go but i dunno if it'd be the same

i'd forgotten about that... remembering that plus the sad love songs im listening too are not a good mix
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Mar 6, 2016,
The dewy eyes of nostalgia made the last time I went to Disneyland when I was 17 really disappointing. Putting things on such a high pedestal tends to do that.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Yeah but Blue it's DISNEYLAND and I'm feeling that wistful feeling pretty bad surely the Lego store and the smiling faces of youth and the Aerosmith ride (France) and the stunt cars and Armageddon and the gold rush area and the Village and ahh
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i would shamelessly go to Disneyland with you.

I never got into Digi or PR. I loved Yugioh for a time but never watched the show for some reason
Quote by Weaponized
DO you feel better after writing all this
Like 2% less nostalgic
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Mar 6, 2016,
i went at 17 or 18 last time (to Disneyland Cali) after having gone to the one in Florida twice at 5 and 8.

i had a ton of fun in Cali. my mom's cousin worked there at the time so we got in for free.

not even joking, my favorite memories are eating a giant greasy fried turkey leg and riding on the Monsters Inc ride.

nostalgia-wise, riding Star Tours again for the first time since i was 5 or 8 made me feel like a kid again.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Mar 6, 2016,
i have been brought up under the impression that going to disneyland is reserved for half-literate american tourists visiting paris

im am not okay with this banjo

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i have been brought up under the impression that going to disneyland is reserved for half-literate american tourists visiting paris

im am not okay with this banjo

i get to rape your language all i want

fite me

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
shut up and have fun you bear

Quote by jakesmellspoo
post.

tell me more about Disneyland Cali
ha-haaa
Been to the Anaheim one a bunch of times as a kid and the Tokyo one on a school trip when i was 14. Missus keeps wanting me to take her to the Paris one but I'm gonna wait till little man's old enough to truly get something out of it.

I really want a churro now.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

not with disney i wont

disney is gay

inb4 im banned for this again

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Slightly related, educating child on the life and times of Hercules tonight hmu

huu
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I hate fun and childhood

I like to kill joy
who made you like this, Jam?
ha-haaa
i don't remember much else.

the newer(?) Indiana Jones ride was cool as hell. It was February and fucking beautiful compared to the 0 Fahrenheit temps i was dealing with in NJ, so i wore shorts the whole time and got a kick out of the pussy Californians asking me why i was wearing shorts/if i was cold.
Quote by Banjocal
who made you like this, Jam?

the iron curtain

but srs american (and brittish apparently) obsession with disney genuinely weirds me out

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
the iron curtain

but srs american (and brittish apparently) obsession with disney genuinely weirds me out

They are enjoyable children's films that help teach important life lessons, and the good ones are layered and complex enough that the parents who are dragged to see them by their kids can appreciate the good storytelling too.

As a recent example, Big Hero 6 covers so many important themes like grief, the empowerment of women, friendship and morality with amazing subtlety but on the face of it for younger viewers it's a really fun action movie.

Other studios, while they do make very good films, often don't have anywhere near that level of depth. And if they do they kill it with endless sequels. See Shrek and Ice Age

big hero 6 was great
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33867614
the iron curtain

they're just good family movies man
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by RAB11
They are enjoyable children's films that help teach important life lessons, and the good ones are layered and complex enough that the parents who are dragged to see them by their kids can appreciate the good storytelling too...

This has been said by practically every cartoon my parents watched throughout their childhood that got passed down to me. People find incredible depth even in two fun dudes trying to build shit and failing. In fact, the Czech Communist regime found in it the caricature of Soviet-Chinese relations and banned it for a while. But it was still just two dudes doing their thing.

Similarly, I find it weird that full grown adults still obsess over Pokemon even though I grew up with that stuff throughout elementary school. The whole nostalgia stuff just seems to be taken way too far for me.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by WCPhils
they're just good family movies man

so is Shrek

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I don't like pokemon for the nostalgia, I do genuinely like it
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Some people just don't feel the need/are too afraid to let go of their childhood. I fall into the former category, maybe a little of the latter.

Would you go to Pokemon land? Genuine question.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

Because up to now there hasn't been one, yes.

But seriously, adult like is depressing af most of the time. Nostalgia offers and escape to a time when life was simpler and it's not as dangerous a drug as alcohol so I say go for it.

Last edited by RAB11 at Mar 6, 2016,
Wow. Okay carry on.

edit: Seems a weird af way of going about it but fair enough.

edit2: Oh, oh wait.

'Disney is the opium of the people'

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Mar 6, 2016,
Disney land is such a fun time.

But Disney world is where it's at. So much more things to see, and the vibe there is way more special.

Go in the winter (in orlando it's not even cold during the winter, just like 65-78 all the time, it's perfect with high humidity)

still packed and crowded, and the lines are redicioullsly long so get a fast pass

i really want to go to that harry potter adventure ride they have now, but i haven't been to any disney park since like 2008.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Wow. Okay carry on.

edit: Seems a weird af way of going about it but fair enough.

Middle class kids with a comfortable childhood get thrust into the real world without being prepared for it, try their hardest to cling to childhood. Not saying it's a good thing but as long as they can remain a functioning adult alongside it, I don't see the harm either.

Quote by RAB11
Middle class kids with a comfortable childhood get thrust into the real world without being prepared for it, try their hardest to cling to childhood. Not saying it's a good thing but as long as they can remain a functioning adult alongside it, I don't see the harm either.

I don't see harm in it either but it would make me concerned for said kids and the world they're thrown into.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Yeah I don't think I'd ever go to Disneyland. Sounds boring. Then again I've never had adverts for it bombarded at me as a child. If I wanted to fulfill some childhood unfulfilled wish I'd prolly go paintballing or something.

Having said that I'd go to a Disney animation marathon. For real, how many days would this take? Showers not provided—just popcorn, 30-min toilet breaks, and sleeping bags.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i get to rape your language all i want

Quote by JamSessionFreak
disney is gay

when you are a shit hole iron curtain communist whose outdated Marxism still condones misogyny & homophobia as long as you insult children's cartoons.
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33867680

fuck yes i would
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
disneyland is so much fun

bunch of souless haters in here

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
^^^^ probably a big part of the fascination with Disney in the U.S

i have recorded vhs tapes of disney world and disney land commercials from the mid 90's that are nostalgic as fuk

it was my dream to go there as a kid, sooo much hype because so-and-so in my class went to disney world last summer/winter haha
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by neidnarb11890
when you are a shit hole iron curtain communist whose outdated Marxism still condones misogyny & homophobia as long as you insult children's cartoons.

damn

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Page 1 of 2