Just got an esp ltd cobweb guitar and I can not find much about it except that guitar centers website they made a limited run of only 100. The guitar is in great shape and everything works fine. almost looks brand new with no buckle rash or wear on the finish anywhere.
What do you want to know about it?

This page has basic specs.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Basically this guitar is a 500 series LTD with a graphic on it.

Do some research yourself before making a thread is always advisable.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 6, 2016,
I did some research I realize that but there is not much out there I was looking for used values pricing of what they cost. I only paid 100 dollars for it. You do not have to get an attitude. I always research before I post. Anyway to those who know a value of this guitar would be cool. not sure If I am going to keep it or sell it.
Last edited by ussoldier1984 at Mar 6, 2016,
Quote by ussoldier1984
I did some research I realize that but there is not much out there I was looking for used values pricing of what they cost. I only paid 100 dollars for it. You do not have to get an attitude. I always research before I post. Anyway to those who know a value of this guitar would be cool. not sure If I am going to keep it or sell it.

I don't mean to come off that way, but it took me literally 30 seconds on Google to discover what exactly this guitar is. It suggested that you didn't look terribly hard for your answer before making this thread.

If you want to know how much you might expect to get if you sell it, I'd look at how much an equivalent 400-500 series LTD sells for on ebay. But given the guitar in question has gothic-style graphics, such a guitar is going to be a hard sell. So I'd expect to get the guitar for somewhat less because demand for this kind of guitar is generally going to come from the sort of buyer that isn't going to have a lot of money to spend.

Keep it if you like it. Sell it if you don't.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by ussoldier1984
Even though they made only 100 of these guitars?

I wouldn't think so. If this particular model had a lot of demand, then they would've made more of them. If this guitar is rare and supposedly more valuable because of it, then why did you get it for only $100?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
after playing it for awhile I think I will keep it. It sounds and feels good. not like the ec 500 I have picked up before. (yes my gibson les paul is going to hate me lol)
rare doesn't always equal money. uncommon can equal less money or maybe a little more.

desirability plus rarity will get you farther.

this guitar is the former.

HNGD! enjoy it, THAT is what matters. it looks like you have a nice guitar on your hands.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have to agree that special editions, limited runs, signature series etc won't guarantee a high resale value, often these guitars will appeal to a small group of buyers which really kills the demand thus the value.

That said for $100 it is a good deal especially if it is in as good of shape at it looks from the picture and plays good, you could recover most of that cost selling the EMGs

Glad to see you decided to keep it and if you change your mind you should at least get your money back maybe even double if you are patient Reverb does have a used mint condtion one listed for $500, but that doesn't mean it will sell for that.

HNGD Rock On!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I played it even more, and it reminds me of an esp Eclipse I used to have (not and ltd) but 24 fret version. I definitely going to keep it for heavier drop tunings and keep my Gibson les paul for standard or half step down. I put Earnie Ball heavey bottoms on it and through my 6505 plus it sounds awesome. Intonation on the bridge needed a bit of adjustment but now its dialed in perfect down the entire fret board.
Quote by ussoldier1984
Forgot one last question does anyone know what year it was in production?

Type the guitar's serial number into a guitar dater and see what comes out.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Type the guitar's serial number into a guitar dater and see what comes out.

it has a crazy weird serial number not sure if it is safe to post here though
Looks like ESP launched this guitar in 2008. Link below:

http://www.electric-guitar-review.com/2008/03/12/esp-adds-seven-more-models-to-their-08-lineup/

Don't know if they carried the production run into following years, but the guitar on Reverb, link below is also a 2008 model:

https://reverb.com/item/1504675-esp-ltd-cobweb

Therefore, if you aren't able to look up the serial number, seems like a strong likelihood it was made in 2008.

Hope this helps.
Quote by ussoldier1984
it has a crazy weird serial number not sure if it is safe to post here though

Serial numbers are perfectly safe to post online btw. People who counterfeit guitars most likely already know how to make fake serial numbers which seem real, so there's no secret to be kept.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by ussoldier1984
Even though they made only 100 of these guitars?

Doesn't matter. Sometimes making only 100 of something simply means that nobody wanted it. Carvin makes one-offs all day long. That's *all* they do. Gibson ran a year's worth of "Guitar of the Week" with something like 400 units each time. I think there are probably STILL a few sitting in dealers' back rooms that missed being returned to Gibson as inventory rejects because they got buried under something else.
Quote by Roc8995
Kinda makes you wonder if they made more than 100.

I was told by a rep at guitar center that the first number was a batch number