After selling off 2 guitars at a loss, to pay for a guitar/amp deal that I got hosed on (sold out from under me), I find this little beauty with a hard case.

1995 Mexican Strat. I think the pick guard isn't original. The back cover is white and it came with a white single ply pick guard. The word filthy doesn't cover it. I've never needed to scrape before to get gunk off the fretboard... first time for everything. I even changed out the tuners for Fender lockers (had previously for another project).

I'm hoping someone can shed a little more light on its model. AFAIK the rest is original.

--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Last edited by Auriemma at Mar 6, 2016,
What exactly do you want to know about it? It's a Mexican strat. Maple neck, alder body, ceramic single coils if they are stock.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
its a mexi strat. i don't know what else you want to know. i also have a 1995 mexi, nice guitar. pickups are better on my '95 than any of the other mim's i have owned. i am going to upgrade the sustain block on mine one of these days.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hngd!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
congrats! nice strat.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I didn't know if there were models like Lone Star and Deluxe in1995. But a Standard is cool by me. It plays great.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
could you put up a shot of the back of the body?

a few more thoughts.

saddles do wear. in my mexi they were all chewed up and had barbs and i was breaking strings, i made a jump to graphtech. they are awesome, i have't broken a string on one since.

if you don't want to go the graphtech route, i would hit each saddle with a file or emery paper (lightly) and smooth out the area of the saddle that touches the strings so that you won't have string breaking issues. its aslo good to hit the string tree too.

graphite in the nut slots is always a good idea, helps it stay in tune better.

have fun!

sustain block could be a nice upgrade too. i will be doing it on mine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Here is the back...

The saddles are stock and in great shape.

I already have the trem locked down. A sustain block isn't a bad idea.
--- Joe ---
Quote by ThunderPunk
What exactly do you want to know about it? It's a Mexican strat. Maple neck, alder body, ceramic single coils if they are stock.

actually the body is made of poplar not alder for that year.

my 95 MIM is my #1 even over my US made strat. mine'd been modded to be close to Strat Plus specs ( LSR roller nut and spezel locking tuners) as well as changing the saddles to graphtech and a steel block.
I gave Fender Customer Service a call.

Strat Standard in brown-burst, maple neck, Alder body, ceramic pickups.

About a standard as they get... doesn't matter, It's mine.
--- Joe ---