I know it's not general protocol to run pedals with a modeling amp, but as much as I'd like to upgrade to something tube, this year's upgrades gave gone to guitars. I'm also not researched on amps. That said, aside from technique, im looking to get a noise supresssor/gate ro run between the guitar and the amp for the purpose of going with a djent tone. I have a Peavey Vypyr 30.
I've been considering the Boss NS2, but opinions are appreciated. Behringer seems pretty cheap, but I've gotten the vibe they have some issues as a company.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I use the Behringer NR300 (The NS-2 copy) and it works out well for me. It's not built as rugged as the Boss, but for playing at home and church it's fine. But I'm playing a lot of alternative and indie stuff, so I can't comment on how well it is for djent.
I have lots of Behringer equipment from pedals to PA stuff (live mixer and active speakers) and several pieces of rack equipment in my home studio. Been using this stuff for many years and I just replaced my first piece of Behringer gear (a patch bay on my home studio rack) and even that was about 15 years old and just started giving me problems. Maybe at one time Behringer had issues but in my many years of experience their stuff works well at often half the price of the piece of gear they are cloning. The pedals are made of a thick high impact plastic but unless you plan on jumping on them or dropping a cinder block on them, they hold up fine.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Used ISP Decimator for $90-$100. Hard to get anything past it.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by dombar335
I use the Behringer NR300 (The NS-2 copy) and it works out well for me. It's not built as rugged as the Boss, but for playing at home and church it's fine. But I'm playing a lot of alternative and indie stuff, so I can't comment on how well it is for djent.

I have the NR300. it works okish, and if you really have your amp cranked it still lets a tiny amount of your guitar signal though Iv noticed. but I would recommend like a boss noise suppressor or a ISP decimator. when I use the NR300 or any Behringer product. if you simply tap lightly on the pots or on the pedal you can hear it though the amp and Behringer pedals seem to always create a light amount of white noise even when they are off lol. Cheap if your not a huge player but if you have the money go buy something better.
Quote by Will Lane
If you are trying to save up for a better amp, maybe just get the Berry unit to hold you over until later.
Well you would still use the same NG anyways when you get a new amp. Go big or go home I guess.
Yeah, I did some more reading and ordered the Decimator. I'd rather buy once.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer