Hello All,

I've an Ibanez SAS36FM and it plays wonderfully up towards the 11th fret, but once you get to the high e and b strings they dont really sound around the 12th to 15th fret then after that they are a little buzzy but sound a little better....

I've intonated the guitar...this didnt really help.

Im wondering if the strings are too low?? or maybe the neck is too flat so truss rod adjustment maybe?

I don't want to waste people's time but I would love to know if anyone out there is like "oh yeah, its obvious..."

Thank you.
Quote by kabadi.man
sounds like not all of the frets are quite level. you could try raising the bridge a little. If that works and the action isnt too high for you then thats all you need to do (Apart from intonation after).
If not, it probably needs a tech to look at it and level the frets and do a setup.

how long have you had the guitar? if its a recent purchase, the shop you bought it from may sort it out for you

Thanks for that, I will take a peek!!

I bought the guitar from eBay :-) so always a little risky - great price though so worth a punt
Quote by Tony Done
Yes, it sounds like it needs a fret level and set up. Take it to a tech if you aren't DIY. Fret levelling isn't a particularly cheap job though.

Hey, thanks for the reply...I think that sounds like the best option...

Although it is tempting to try myself I think I would just ruin the thing.
Having level frets is the basis for everything else "setup" on the guitar. This is a job you definitely want to have done correctly. It's also possible that your nut is a bit high, and all of those things can be taken care of in one trip to a Really Good Tech. Note those last three words, however. Do a bit of research into finding that quality tech. Don't just take your guitar to the local guitar store hack.