Hi all,

This is my first post and I am looking for some guitar purchasing advice!

Where is the best place to start that kind of thread?

Many thanks

Andrew
Depends, are you going electric? Acoustic?

There is a forum for each, most people usually pick a few models that they are interested in and then ask for advice on which is the best choice (which is typically very subjective). It is still best to offer a few models that you are interested in because we can steer you towards something similar but possibly better that you may not have heard of. It helps to post links to the guitars as well.

Buying used will allow you to get a better quality instrument for same price as a new lower quality one, you will want to know how to identify a good used guitar and know what to look for and there are threads in the U.G. archives to address that.

When you post be sure to include where you live so we can know what your best options are for availabilty, also your budget and what style of music you are into and plan on learning.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 9, 2016,