So many news stories

So little of it matters

Drowning in information

Infinite knowledge

But in the end, there is too much

Death by a thousand cuts?

Death by a thousand pointless “news” articles.
Quote by institutions
Not enough information tbh
Still many things i dont know but would like to

www.google.com

There you go.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
So many news stories

So little of it matters

Drowning in information

Infinite knowledge

Yeah, too much information, maybe if you're a little pussy ass sheep that doesn't know what to do with their life and just tries to fit in with all the other confused unmotivated uninspired waste of a life. The geniuses of yesterday would kill for access to all of the knowledge we have.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
So many news stories

So little of it matters

Drowning in information

Infinite knowledge

So many deeps
There's not too much information.
There might be too much plastic though.
That shit is everywhere and it doesn't go away.
i agree, that's why i've come to fully accept my lack of interest in most current affairs

especially inconsequential local news items like "storm blows over tree in overtheresville"
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Yeah, too much information, maybe if you're a little pussy ass sheep that doesn't know what to do with their life and just tries to fit in with all the other confused unmotivated uninspired waste of a life. The geniuses of yesterday would kill for access to all of the knowledge we have.

woah buddy get off your high horse there. why don't you go learn about the category theory of bach or something smh.
The Police did this already. They made "Too Much Information" and it's basically everything you said worded differently.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

rekt
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Academics like to call it the Digital Sublime like the ponces they are
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Ugg and the Cavemen did it too.
Whenever people first started reading and writing.
They released the single called That's TMI !!!!
It was a huge hit at the watering hole
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Mar 7, 2016,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

- sunaj
But with more information comes more mystery, no?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by soundgarden1986 at #33869459
did you just play a Hideo Kojima Game™ or something

Fuck you you son of a bitch I was going to make a MGS2 joke
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
all of the useful information is behind a fucking paywall
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Huu bladez interesting articles behind a $40 purchase for the paper find a way around that with your infinite knowledge peppers
too much information and not enough peppers

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33869493
Huu bladez interesting articles behind a $40 purchase for the paper find a way around that with your infinite knowledge peppers

this, I'm not paying £30+ for a paper on a specific epoxy resin ffs

I need to find some better books in the uni library tomorrow, I need stuff I can reference that's the annoying thing. I know enough about plastics to bluff my way through, but I need to back up what I'm saying
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
The problem is not the abundance of information, but in the challenge of sifting through it to find what is most useful. I'd rather have too much information than not enough, even if that means the signal-to-noise ratio is low.
This happens in a lot of fields too, and not just about information.
It happens if you have a high source of elements that interest you for a particular purpose, but you don't have the time or effort to go through all of them to find out which one is the best for you. Thus you rely on the following:
-Check a few random ones (or ones you've known about before), and find the best of them and stick with it for a long time
-Rely on a curated list made by someone or a group of people you respect in that area and believe can recommend you the right elements for you
-Rely on what is popular, since you have more exposure to it, both its strengths and weaknesses, and you use "wisdom of the crowds" to believe it's a better choice than other ones (at least to use at the time being).

If these elements are "information" and the ways to obtain it are the news, social media, etc then it holds true there too. But it's not just there, it happens in many fields (in programming trying to figure out which tools/languages to use for example).
Quote by gonzaw
it happens in many fields (in programming trying to figure out which tools/languages to use for example).

In Jon Skeet we trust
Also there's too much food, there's more out there than I will ever be able to eat. And some of it doesn't even taste good.
This is an outrage.
Filtering is important. This is partly why I still receive a print edition of the newspaper.
cat
do they have a term for people that have an addiction to taking in so much worthless info. paying to much attention to the news and politics? they have a definition/term for everything else.
Last edited by mattedbird at Mar 7, 2016,
Can you imagine how much information the president must take in?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
^ agreed. That's why I never carry a mobile phone on my person nor have any social media account. I remember life before the internet. It was better in some respects.
Quote by The_Blode
That's why I like the idea of unplugging from the grid you don't need to worry about too much information because there is hardly any

but you save records of everything

Quote by Rebel Scum
^ agreed. That's why I never carry a mobile phone on my person nor have any social media account. I remember life before the internet. It was better in some respects.

this is nothing to do with phones/social media and you are an idiot if you dont carry a phone with you
Quote by EndTheRapture51

this is nothing to do with phones/social media and you are an idiot if you dont carry a phone with you

I was replying to Blodes comment fool.