Quite possibly the best album to ever grace the face of metal. Discuss.

Tell me your favourite part, least favourite part. Why this album is better than everything else. Contrary thoughts? Detestors of the throne?
I think it benefits from it's Frenchness. It reminds me of older 80's Black Metal albums like Anno Domini and others where it's very Heavy/Traditional esque, but given a Black atmosphere with a touch of local flavor. I'm a fan of this. Sounds like its album art. Huge plus.

Best ever is a huge stretch. Good listen though.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I like the solos olololo
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by progbass
Best part - dueill amglosomethingfrench

Worst part - french

How could it ever exist if it wasn't french ? What's wrong with french metal anyways ?

also my sig is very relevant
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I was half joking. French hate bandwagon and what have you.

Actually, the solos in particular stand out on the album, the riffs are fantastic and the vocals not overtly corny. It leads to a black metal album that doesn't feel forced and makes for a great listen. Not top of the pack, but if there was any question if La Sanie was worth the time, the answer is swiftly yes.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Yea this album is pretty fucking good. Fantastic riffs and very suiting leads, but the thing I like the most is how everthing flows together, even if it seems a bit clunky sometimes. Peste Noire always deliver this awesome atmosphere.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
I think Famine's vocals are sorely underrated. I remember liking this album because Neige was on it. But then I realize he didn't add all that much to it. 90% (probably more) was a result of Famine's fucked up head. Mortifera got a similar treatment I think, at least with...The one with Neige on it.

Neige did add some killer vocals on Duell and Retoure, but then you hear Laus Tibi Domine...and it's wonderful. It's a song that reaches an earthshaking climax without sounding overly complicated. Just some cymbals and tapping mostly.

Anyways, Famine is underrated as a vocalist. That's about it. He has a sound he likes to create and he does it so well.

Famine's vocals are disgusting, in a good way.
Yeah I remember getting into this, Celeste, and Mortifera from the Neige kick we all went on.

Agreed on all points though
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Penisaur
I like the solos olololo

Yes Penisaur! They're incredible! I'm scared to ask, but...what have you bought in terms of metal while you were away?

I remember you coming by almost daily with purchases lol.
Quote by severed-metal
Detestors of the throne?

Great album but I prefer their self-titled, no contest. Am I the minority here?
Quote by severed-metal
Yes Penisaur! They're incredible! I'm scared to ask, but...what have you bought in terms of metal while you were away?

I remember you coming by almost daily with purchases lol.

My God man! I wouldn't even know where to begin..
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by illuminatiano
https:/ch?v=uLSUQYzqXZ0

fucking goosebumps every time

huh, never realized that song is 7 mins long, time flies.
It's still my favourite of their albums; just the right balance of all their sides, from the "pretty" rock solos to the ugly and absurd "i've made an incredible painting but now I'll set it on fire and spray it with blood" kind of moments.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
^ it was certainly my favourite out of the ones you recommended to me
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to