Poll: Do you believe that country guys have more fun?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe that country guys have more fun?
Yes
10 43%
No
13 57%
Voters: 23.
Page 1 of 2
So I don't know about you guys but this is a phrase that I keep seeing time and time again, whether it was being used to advertise radio stations or whatever.

Have you ever just sat down and really thought about something? Like really thought about it? Well today I sat down and thought long and hard about this phrase:

Country Guys Have More Fun

I tried doing a bit of research as to the origin of the phrase but I haven't been able to come up with anything. No clues as to who said it first, no hints about what makes it true, nothing. It's rather maddening actually, you'd think that in the Age of Information something like this wouldn't be such a mystery, but I digress.

The generalization is the thing that gets to me the most, the assumption that all country guys have more fun. I can't imagine the amount of pressure the average, unhappy country guy goes through everyday in order to maintain the facade of "having more fun", the strain of upholding such an outdated stereotype and whatnot. Forcing smiles, yeehawing with fake enthusiasm, the works. It can't be easy, and chewing tobacco or riding into the sunset everyday can only relieve so much stress.

This entire "Country Guys Have More Fun" movement is actually quite insulting to us non-country guys. It's as if there's a level of fun that exists outside of our capacity, attainable only by country guys due to the cut of their jib. I don't speak for everyone, however, but I find it offensive, and I can't imagine other rational and informed individuals not feeling the same way about this either.

Here's a graph:

Copyright © 2016 behind_you

Notice how there's no correlation between fun levels and ethnicity, which debunks this notion entirely.

Honestly this whole ordeal is sorta making me feel a bit racist towards white country guys (not country girls of course, I'm not a sexist pig). I can't be held responsible for how I feel, however. There is no need to perpetuate another charade biased towards the domineering white male.

What do you guys think? Why do country guys supposedly have more fun?

Poll's going to be public, as I feel the need to keep tabs on certain UG individuals. No cause for concern though, just be honest.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Ichikurosaki at #33869163
i have never heard this phrase nor have i ever heard of a person being defined as a country guy
You're just uninformed.
ggg1 ggg3

as a former country guy turned non-country guy, I can confirm they have more fun.

Extrapolating my personal anecdotes into sweeping generalizations is also part of my country guy heritage and upbringing.
I've heard ______ have more fun.
That's a very old saying that you can insert anything into.

Toasters have more fun
Fiddler Crabs have more fun
Purity Christian Task Force teens have more fun.
Bus drivers have more fun.
Accountants have more fun.
Paraplegics have more fun.
Rape victims have more fun.
Sound like a bunch of egocentric pricks tbh.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by institutions at #33869176
i live in oklahoma, where you may see an old man or two walking around with a pistol on his belt, and have also never heard this phrase
It tends to be heard outside of the region. Nobody calls Chinese food Chinese food in China. It's just called food there.

Quote by CrossBack7 at #33869175
as a former country guy turned non-country guy, I can confirm they have more fun.

Extrapolating my personal anecdotes into sweeping generalizations is also part of my country guy heritage and upbringing.
You're the kind of person we are always at strife with. Disgusting.
ggg1 ggg3

i used to live in the country. it was great. now i live in the city. shit sucks.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
It all depends on your definition of fun.

'Country guys'(as in guys who listen to country music) define fun as "sexual penetration of livestock", so by their own, twisted values, they do indeed have more 'fun'.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by behind_you at #33869197
It tends to be heard outside of the region. Nobody calls Chinese food Chinese food in China. It's just called food there.

I've never heard someone saying "man i am having so much more fun than everyone who doesn't live here!" tho.
All people do is complain and talk bad about other people, so i don't listen to people anymore.
all country guys do is drink beer and go mudding

they must have more fun than us dorks.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

City life is better, but your grandparents must live in the country, so that you can go visit them and your children have a new world to explore.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
When I hear the phrase "country guy" I think of somebody who's sweaty and didn't go to college.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
That's because they're always drunk. What else is there to do in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere?
The best is living outside of a big city.
Where it's a short drive but u still live in a rural area.

So really the saying is Guys that live close to but not in a major city have more fun.
country guys just have a place to go when they've had enough of the city. it's not like we're stuck in the country. you can't start a fire, start shooting your gun and piss where you please in the city.
Quote by mattedbird
country guys just have a place to go when they've had enough of the city. it's not like we're stuck in the country. you can't start a fire, start shooting your gun and piss where you please in the city.

Sure you can
I know in NYC they don't give a fuk about pissing.
A million hobos sleep in their own piss everyday there.
The whole city smells like pee and wet rats
I agree wholeheartedly
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
your threads are weird af and i cant really trust you after the smoking thread

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
City guys speak perfect english.
I mean just look at any person raised in New York city, they all speak perfect textbook english.

Go to Boston for another fine example of how living in a city automatically makes you speak with perfectly flawless pronunciation
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It all depends on your definition of fun.

'Country guys'(as in guys who listen to country music) define fun as "sexual penetration of livestock", so by their own, twisted values, they do indeed have more 'fun'.

I find it in poor taste that you refer to your mum as "livestock"...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by mattedbird
those are just two city boys gettin' away for the weekend

You can tell by the designer cowboy hats
Quote by MeTallIcA313
That's because they're always drunk. What else is there to do in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere?

shoot things
I say this as someone who lived in bumblefuck for a few weeks short of 20 years

Quote by JamSessionFreak
your threads are weird af and i cant really trust you after the smoking thread

ye
Page 1 of 2