I remember years ago... maybe nearly 10 years ago, a friend was looking everywhere he could for recordings of this band, so it took on a cult-like quality for us. Eventually I found the demos in a private hub on DC++, and managed to buy the Warfare at Winter's Solstice (2004 rerelease) 7" which I'm still not 100% isn't just a bootleg. Anyway, after a brief revival around 2009-2011 they have released what appears to be all their material, past and present, for free download at http://vhod.ca/free_downloads/ . I suggest you get on it, it was a similar kind of feel to Blasphemy but with a far more obviously Thrash influenced sound. I can't really vouch for their new stuff, but everything up until 1994 was fucking epic

Here is one of their songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va4ufwceH9M
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
1-2 FUKK YOU

Pretty damn sure I've heard this a few times throughout the years. Never owned anything by them. You hit the nail on the head with your description describing them as having a far more Thrashy Blasphemy sound. Cool to hear thrash riffs given such an overdose of speed.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Mar 8, 2016,
i made the thread before i looked thru everything they had on that site and unfortunately they don't have the return from death demo or the warfare at winter's solstice EP which are their two early 90s releases with the best quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEyT_6IkVDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjpGNnqLzkw
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Last edited by MHDrunk at Mar 8, 2016,
The 7'' is like $5 or $6 including shipping. I'm such a spoiled fat cat I ordered it just to hear it good and proper outside of digital formatting.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Mar 8, 2016,
yea i still got that one at home

turns out that in 2014 he remixed the Return from Death demo and MY GOD do the vocals come into their own this mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytWJIfHJDs

Last edited by MHDrunk at Mar 8, 2016,
Holy fuck is this good. Love the vocals, pure demon breed. Hadn't commented so figure I should rectify that. i sense a small trace of Impetigo in the vocals? In sound and how the vocals are delivered? Might be why I like the vocals so much. Riffs are crushing too.
It's cool how he goes between growling, rasping, and plain yelling. I hadn't noticed any similarities to Impetigo myself

Quote by MHDrunk
It's cool how he goes between growling, rasping, and plain yelling. I hadn't noticed any similarities to Impetigo myself

I just kinda picked it up with the vocals, they're very erratic and all over the place (in a good way). It's just the nuances like the yelling and the delivery. Really enjoyable stuff.
Yeah for sure, he sounds possessed most of the time, and the varied delivery is in keeping with the music itself, which is exceedingly hard to place between thrash, black and death metal. The vocals made my hairs stand on end during the chorus of Return from Death

Speaking of vocalists, some of my most common Death Metal grievances are uninspired or run-of-th-mill vocalist just laying down a standard track. The genesis of this vocal style was down out of a desire to sound different and yet here we have so many vocalist choosing to sorta play it safe. Few people rag on DMDS' vocals by Atilla, but I think they are a great example of creating a style for yourself. Other times I enjoy the sheer performance of it all, with Miriam Occultum having some very standout vocals for me.

Boring vocals are such a drag, since most DM vocalist never know when to shut up.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

Boring vocals are such a drag, since most DM vocalist never know when to shut up.

That's why my favourite vocals are on Seventh Day of Doom

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Speaking of vocalists, some of my most common Death Metal grievances are uninspired or run-of-th-mill vocalist just laying down a standard track. The genesis of this vocal style was down out of a desire to sound different and yet here we have so many vocalist choosing to sorta play it safe. Few people rag on DMDS' vocals by Atilla, but I think they are a great example of creating a style for yourself. Other times I enjoy the sheer performance of it all, with Miriam Occultum having some very standout vocals for me.

I agree. I'm a Death Metal singer and what I usually do is I combine old school death growls (you know, the ones with dynamics in the voice? That aren't just one flat tone with a bunch of post-processing done on it?) with thrash metal singing a la Slayer or Exodus, with some grind gurgles, some clean singing, some melodic screams, and even some really high pitched screams and some spoken word of all things. And I intend to do even more styles over time. My favorite singers are the guys who sound like them first and foremost. When Phil Anselmo yells, it's not a "Thrash yell", it's a "Phil yell". When Mike Patton does "Death Metal" it's not a "death growl" it's a "Patton growl". That's my goal as a singer, to have a vocal style that comes from my own ideas, not just hearing the latest Suffocation album and saying "I want to do exactly that".
If there is a God, it's me.