Hello, I am having issues setting the intonation on my guitar. I have a tuneomatic bridge, and the G and B strings are still going sharp when I have the saddle pieces all the way back. I've fixed it on this guitar before, but it doesn't seem to want to agree with me this time. Also, this is a brand new guitar I bought about 2 months ago so nothing is worn out on it yet.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
If you had it correct on this guitar before, why are you changing it?
Unless you went down string gauges at least 2 gauges, it shouldnt have made that big of a difference.

I think because I left it laying against my amp on the neck for a few days when I wasn't home. I haven't been able to afford a case for it yet but I just bought a new one for it. I don't know why it happened but it did.
I'm just wondering why it's staying sharp almost the whole time I adjust it. My neck is where I want it, so I can't adjust that without it being too bowed or arced where it'll start buzzing.
Quote by Bdqdog
Hello, I am having issues setting the intonation on my guitar. I have a tuneomatic bridge, and the G and B strings are still going sharp when I have the saddle pieces all the way back. I've fixed it on this guitar before, but it doesn't seem to want to agrbee with me this time. Also, this is a brand new guitar I bought about 2 months ago so nothing is worn out on it yet.

The action and how hard you press down can throww off intonation,, if u press hard but ur action is low or vice versa the intination will be thrown even with perfect setups
Quote by Bdqdog
I think because I left it laying against my amp on the neck for a few days when I wasn't home. I haven't been able to afford a case for it yet but I just bought a new one for it. I don't know why it happened but it did.
I'm just wondering why it's staying sharp almost the whole time I adjust it. My neck is where I want it, so I can't adjust that without it being too bowed or arced where it'll start buzzing.

Leaving it against an amp doesnt really have anything to do with intonation. That wont affect intonation at all...
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Leaving it against an amp doesnt really have anything to do with intonation. That wont affect intonation at all...

Well I didn't think so neither. I'm just trying to figure out why it just seems to go out of whack randomly. Should I just take it to a professional? I'm sure it would be better off if they did it haha. I don't have enough experience with this stuff yet.
Quote by Bdqdog

Is it sharp no matter where you put the saddle? Is there a burr on the saddle that may be causing the string to hang up?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Is it sharp no matter where you put the saddle? Is there a burr on the saddle that may be causing the string to hang up?

Yes, pretty much anywhere. I can get it decently close but even for the note to sound right on my guitar I would have to tune the g string slightly flat.
Try new strings first. Check the neck - is it relatively straight? If the neck has bowed for some reason, raising the action, the intonation would have to be adjusted unless you straighten the neck (which you should). It is unusual to run out of adjustment on new guitars though - in general it happens on bitsa guitars where someone has stuck a neck on a body and the geometry doesn't quite match up.