I ordered an ANOS Tungsram 12AX7 and put it in the AC30C2 V1. When powered up and all, no sound. I go to take the tube out to try another one in V1 and I notice that one of the pins has now broken off into the tube slot. Fun. The broken pin, when looking at the tube with the dead position up, is the pin first to the right. It is labeled 1 from the diagrams I see online.

Two questions:

Did I damage the amp for running it (about 30 seconds) with the broken tube in?

and

What is the best method for getting the pin out? I cannot see it physically sticking out of the slot so I am afraid I may have to desolder the slot. I am afraid I will burn the circuit board and my AC30C2 will be no more. :c

The tube pins look kind of aged like a dull gold. The bend pretty easily too. I am going to contact the seller and ask for a refund.
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 8, 2016,
Is it possible for you to push the pin through with something thin? Maybe if some of the pin is protruding you can get it with tweezers.

I dont think you broke it by not running a preamp tube. I dont think its damaging like forgetting a power tube or something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Is it possible for you to push the pin through with something thin? Maybe if some of the pin is protruding you can get it with tweezers.

I dont think you broke it by not running a preamp tube. I dont think its damaging like forgetting a power tube or something.
The socket is soldered directly to the circuit board. The only opening is where the pins are supposed to enter. I have not tried poking it yet, I hope that will work.
Quote by Will Lane
The socket is soldered directly to the circuit board. The only opening is where the pins are supposed to enter. I have not tried poking it yet, I hope that will work.

If its soldered to the PCB you wont be able to push it through probably.

Im thinking youll have to wedge something small under it and try to coax it out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I called a local amp tech and he suggested to just try to put another 12AX7 in. Either the pin of the ANOS fell out (I couldn't see it in the slot) or it was far enough out the other side that the other tube could push it out. One of the two happened, the amp is back in working condition.

Sad about the ANOS though. I had been really excited to hear it. The supplier apologized and will be sending another tomorrow, I appreciate that.
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 8, 2016,
Glad you got it sorted dude

Sucks about the tube, but at least they're hooking you up.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Sounds good That's a really beautiful guitar as well.

That foam block though Audio engineering at it's finest.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here