https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NYyZ9OqpHydVYweHE5LV9fcTQ/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone help me with this? I am not sure what is causing this because it worked fine like a week or two ago. If it's string height, I tried tightening it as Ibanez manual says so but I can't tighten it further with the allen wrench. Length is 2 mm on 8th fret on Low E. High E is also the same. I did try adjusting the neck now through truss rod adjustment but I am scared to an extent. I tried both sides but that ringing sound doesn't go away. Any way to remove that ringing sound?

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Coloneltreavy at Mar 9, 2016,
The link you've provided doesn't work.

You're not really using the right terminology when it comes to what you're adjusting and how. You've referred to the string height as a measure of length? Wat?

Are you referring to fret buzz, or poor intonation when it comes to that 'ringing' sound you've mentioned?

Are you sure that what you're adjusting is the action and not the intonation?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 8, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The link you've provided doesn't work.

You're not really using the right terminology when it comes to what you're adjusting and how. You've referred to the string height as a measure of length? Wat?

Are you referring to fret buzz, or poor intonation when it comes to that 'ringing' sound you've mentioned?

Are you sure that what you're adjusting is the action and not the intonation?

I am awfully sorry about that. I've updated the link.

Well, I am just following the guitar manual by Ibanez and they referred it as that. And that I should adjust the action to change the string height. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/manual/guitars/eg2015.pdf Page 34

It's definitely not fret buzz and I am not sure how poor intonation sounds like, honestly. There is just this ringing sound on some specific frets as I go on the frets closing in on body. Like it's obvious on 7th and quite so on 9th and a few as I go further down but not all. It seems that only the bass strings are being affected by it. You can check the video link for a rough idea.

Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't have known what to reply with unless someone told me. Fairly new to guitars
The ringing in the video sounds like natural harmonics but you should find them strongest over frets 5, 12 & 17. It might be that it wasn't setup well or that the adjustments you've made, have moved it to the 7'th fret. I'd say use a good tuner and the manual for the guitar to make sure to set the intonation so that the natural harmonics are in tune on the 12'th fret. If you don't have a tuner there's a phone app called Pro Guitar Tuner that will recognize harmonics (most tuner apps don't, so make sure it's that app specifically)

This video should help you play the harmonics.
https://youtu.be/kAP0je2gwSQ
Finally managed to actually hear what you're talking about.

What you're hearing are just natural harmonics. That's completely normal, all guitar strings do that. You stop them ringing out by having a good muting technique.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by batnip
The ringing in the video sounds like natural harmonics but you should find them strongest over frets 5, 12 & 17. It might be that it wasn't setup well or that the adjustments you've made, have moved it to the 7'th fret. I'd say use a good tuner and the manual for the guitar to make sure to set the intonation so that the natural harmonics are in tune on the 12'th fret. If you don't have a tuner there's a phone app called Pro Guitar Tuner that will recognize harmonics (most tuner apps don't, so make sure it's that app specifically)

This video should help you play the harmonics.
https://youtu.be/kAP0je2gwSQ

Thanks. That helped a lot. I realized the action was really high so I adjusted that but I have no idea about intonation. I can't check it with the tuner I have on mobile and the one you suggested is something I'd have to buy and I don't really have a credit card or such o.o Don't think they sell iTunes gift cards here, either. Any free tuner which registers harmonics?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Finally managed to actually hear what you're talking about.

What you're hearing are just natural harmonics. That's completely normal, all guitar strings do that. You stop them ringing out by having a good muting technique.

Do you have any suggestion on how to learn the muting technique. It did decrease quite a bit after I adjusted the guitar.