tl;dr: EB Volume pedal, Malekko chorus, and Pick Boy picks.

It's been a good while since I got any new gear. So, I decided I wanted to start on another, smaller pedalboard. And here's where I start!

Alright, for your consideration we have here one o' dem dere Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedals, and a Malekko Omicron series analog chorus (it's so tiny!). The VP Jr needs no introduction. I've never really used a volume pedal to any extent up to this point, but I wanted to have one available as another tool. This is a solid, sturdy built pedal. The pedal sweep is smooth but firm. And it has a tuner output if I decide I need one. Here's a shot of that.

Now for the little baby pedal.

I've been on the hunt lately for another chorus pedal. I have a Boss CE-20, one of the twin pedals, and it has some good sounds, but the bypass is terrible. The name of the game with this new board is compact, so this one caught my eye. This particular specimen popped up on the 'bay for a price I couldn't pass up, so I snagged it. The pictures online didn't do justice to just how small this pedal is, hence the comparo shot up top. Anyways, I dig it. Excellent tone, and plenty of tweakability from just two controls. Cleans really shimmer and it does equally well over a dirty tone too. And no bleed-thru on bypass! Build quality is solid, though I will need to tighten down the knobs on this one. I knew that when I bought it, so no biggie. I definitely recommend this one if you're in the market for a mini chorus.

"P" as in "pedlulz", and "P" as in "pickz".

Saturday I took one of my amps up to Jonesboro, Arkansas, a little over an hour's drive from home, to be worked on. I killed some time in the store there, and eventually came to the pick rack. I've acquired a decent collection of V-Picks, but our local store here doesn't carry Pick Boy. So I saw these, and decided it was worth the somewhat steep price to try them out. I don't think they'll be replacing my V-Picks any time soon, but I do like the way these feel. The bone and horn picks feel and sound the best; the ebony wood is a little too scratchy for teh brootz but it's good for some acoustic strummy stuff. One thing about them that is a pro and possibly a con is they have a divot machined out on one side for the thumb and a curved groove on the other for the index finger. It's comfy enough if I hold it that way, but I tend to flip flop my picks, and that gets awkward at times.

Otherwise, pretty sweet pickage.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
cool! congrats on the new gear. kinda wondering exactly how tiny the chorus pedal is lol
is there a noticable difference between the bone and horn picks? i like thicker hard picks myself, never tried a bone or horn tho

also, im diggin your Carvin 727 looks niice
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Mar 8, 2016,
Thanks! I was surprised when I got the little pedal in and unwrapped. It's probably about 3"x1-1/4". The bone pick is my favorite of the three. I used to play with Dunlop nylon 1mm until I discovered V-Picks, and since then I've been using much thicker picks with no flexibility whatsoever. The Pick Boy picks feel very similar to V-Picks aside from the indentations, the ebony one notwithstanding.

I'm actually wanting to get rid of the Carvin to make room for an Ibanez SIX27...
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
How much did those picks cost?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The bone and horn picks were $6, the ebony pick was $4. In the same range as V-Picks which are $4.99 a pop.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
malekko makes some nice stuff. i have the same chorus pedal, and four or five other malekko pedals. if you are in the market for a delay, the 616 is just flat out awesome. i also have the 616lo-fi, and that is pretty cool too.

HNPD!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

I did take a look at the 616. If/when I decide to replace one of my delays, it's at the top of the shortlist.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
The Malekko Chorus is fire. mn3007 and all. Been trying to find a good deal on one for a couple weeks. Just made a couple bigger purchases though.
HNPD, dude!
Oh yeah ..... and HNPD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?