Hi all,

I'm here and seeking for some advice, my problem:

I own a Epiphone Sg-400 Les paul custom, a three humbucker with a Les paul neck basically.
As most of the SG it tend to fall on the neck side, especially this one with its fat neck, so first any idea how i could compensate it a little?

Anyway that's not the real problem which is:
My Sg tend to "fall" forward. Hands up and the front tend to go down letting me with only the back to contemplatd. When playing it still has that tendency thus when i play i basically cant see the fretboard or the mike. Only the side. That might come from the strap lock being positioned where the neck plate would be ( Neck through ). So is there anyone who know that phenomon and know how to compensate it?
I considered moving the lock up like behind the top horn but only if im sure it'll work and as a last resort.

Any Idea? (English is not my native Language, excuse my grammatical non senses =d )
Fishing weights in the control cavity will help with the neck dive. May also help with the other problem. When I was playing a G-400 I just kept a forearm resting on the top of the body; solved most of the balance issues.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
+1 to moving the strap button

also using a sued leather strap helps
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hmm I see,

For the weight i though about it but i didn't want to make it heavier. But I shall try just to see.
For the forearm thing. That's how i do it but still it really feel unblanced even if its still very playable.
When banging some GNR's nightrain my right arm is no longer on the body, move in every directions then bam the body sink face down.
Last edited by riousmn at Mar 8, 2016,
• You can just hang a small bag of lead weights off the bottom strap button.
• And move the upper strap button to the top horn.
• Your SG is not a neck-through (it's a set neck)
• A suede strap will just pull up the back of your shirt.
Yeah, it's far from ideal, but the price you pay for all that fret access on an SG is that the ideal place for a strap button is somewhere well past the end of the horns.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one