My hand hurts all of a sudden when I do chromatic guitar technique exercises. My right hand never been in pain when I've been doing this for about 2 months and this week it's been hurting a lot. I just suck at guitar :/

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thank you
When you work on these exercises, are you relaxed or tensed up? Are you practicing them slow enough to work on relaxing and correcting mistakes before you speed up? I ask these things because they're things I have to work on myself. It's important to listen to your body. If it hurts, stop and evaluate what's going on. It may be a good idea, depending on how you feel, to take a day or two off guitar and let your hands rest, then come back to it. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Quote by hulkisexy
My hand hurts all of a sudden when I do chromatic guitar technique exercises. My right hand never been in pain when I've been doing this for about 2 months and this week it's been hurting a lot. I just suck at guitar :/

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thank you

Do you use your fingers or a pick?

Odd to hear complaints about the picking hand hurting, it's almost always the fretting hand. Is it actually your hand or your wrist that is bothering you?
You show;don't experience *any* pain when playing. I'd say this is likely due to excess tension, i.e. clenching your hand too much and tensing your forearm too much. Tension is often a habit that takes careful work to gradually unlearn but you must do it for the sake of your longterm health.
Quote by StuartBahn
You show;don't experience *any* pain when playing. I'd say this is likely due to excess tension, i.e. clenching your hand too much and tensing your forearm too much. Tension is often a habit that takes careful work to gradually unlearn but you must do it for the sake of your longterm health.

100%

If you can, see a pro-teacher, even for 1 session, and get him/her to watch what you're doing. This is usually easy to fix, but someone needs to make you aware of what you're doing wrong. Don't play through pain ... that could be a very costly mistake. Do *gently* stretch your fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, shoulders, neck. Before and after playing. Don't play for too long without a 5 min break.
Repetitive stress injuries can take months to turn into pain or disability, and even longer before they go away. It's likely you've been doing something wrong for the entire two months of whatever you've been doing.

I'd recommend taking it easy for a couple days and really boning up on technique. Unless you've got important auditions or gigs or something, take advantage of having all the time you want to improve.

Technical development takes a long time. If you find that your chops are getting "better" very quickly, it's possible you're just doing something to cover up technical flaw. This usually takes the form of excess tension. In the right hand, it would probably manifest in the thumb or elbow.
Quote by jerrykramskoy
100%

If you can, see a pro-teacher, even for 1 session, and get him/her to watch what you're doing. This is usually easy to fix, but someone needs to make you aware of what you're doing wrong. Don't play through pain ... that could be a very costly mistake. Do *gently* stretch your fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, shoulders, neck. Before and after playing. Don't play for too long without a 5 min break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLcoBxytqws&feature=youtu.be

Is this good guitar technique? Sorry for the wrong notes lol
Quote by StuartBahn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLcoBxytqws&feature=youtu.be I don't know
Quote by BCKRedBaron
When you work on these exercises, are you relaxed or tensed up? Are you practicing them slow enough to work on relaxing and correcting mistakes before you speed up? I ask these things because they're things I have to work on myself. It's important to listen to your body. If it hurts, stop and evaluate what's going on. It may be a good idea, depending on how you feel, to take a day or two off guitar and let your hands rest, then come back to it. Hope this helps. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLcoBxytqws&feature=youtu.be It hurts when I try to play fast
Quote by TobusRex
Do you use your fingers or a pick?

Odd to hear complaints about the picking hand hurting, it's almost always the fretting hand. Is it actually your hand or your wrist that is bothering you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLcoBxytqws&feature=youtu.be I use a guitar pick. It hurts only when I speed up. I need to plant my hand on the guitar for my arm and hand not to hurt
Your hand looks awfully tense, like you're gripping to hard or something.

Try changing around how you're attaching the strings, something should click and feel way better.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale