So yeah I'm looking for a travel guitar to play when I'm chilling.
Here are my current option :
1.Dean Flight Series
2.Luna Safari
3.Washburn Rover
4.Yamaha APXT2
So which one do you think is the best, and please add more suggestion if you know a better option

And I have 1 more silly question. Can you do various tuning like (D Standard, E flat) Or you're stuck with E standard?

Thanks In Advance
I'd get a Baby Taylor before any of those. Can get them for $200 on Craigslist.

Out of those in your list I'd lean towards the Yamaha, though just by repute. I like the APX models quite a bit, very sweet handling little guitars.
me, i don't care for the sound of the baby taylor, although some people really like them, and the yamaha APXT2 sounds worse than the yamaha JR1 or JR2 - seriously it sounds like a toy. perhaps a used little martin? they sound pretty good. if you can find a used laguna LD1, they sound better to me than most, but they're no longer being made. i just sold one, and the buyer was a very happy camper.

with the right strings - and this is important - a yamaha JR1 or JR2 can be a good option, but with any old strings they sound pretty thin and boxy, and i had to exchange one due to intonation issues. the next one was fine. they have the shortest scale you can tune normally, though, so if you want to tune down, not a great option.

i had a washburn rover, and with the right strings they sound good IF you play them super super soft. play any harder and the tone breaks up some, but they are so very small and easy to carry around with you. they come with a really cool case to carry them with, too. they have a nicer tone than the martin backpacker, but the backpacker can be played much louder.

you should be able to do various tunings on most travel guitars - why not? tuning down on a shorter than normal short scale means lower string tension. that didn't bother me at all, but you can also go to higher gauge strings.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thanks for the suggestion, btw I'm also considering Parlor guitar the Recording King in particular, are they any good?
I'll vote for the Yamaha. And, yes, you can tune it however your heart desires :^)
“High fly ball into right field. She is… gone!" - Vin Scully
Quote by fabianaryo
Thanks for the suggestion, btw I'm also considering Parlor guitar the Recording King in particular, are they any good?

I've heard good things about them. I've also heard a few complaints. The biggest complaint I've heard from some folks is they feel like cheap guitars, but overall most owners seem to be happy with them.

I'd also suggest the Gretsch "Jim Dandy". I've seen testimonials from people who really liked those as well, and seems comparable to the Recording King in price.

I like parlour guitars quite a bit. I'd love to have the model Joan Baez used (Martin something or other).
The Baby Taylor is a hoot. I'd have probably gotten one but the price difference between the Baby and BigBaby was inconsequential and the BigBaby had better bass. But being "travel size" wasn't a consideration for me as it is for the OP.
As a HUGE FAN of the Taylor's I too not a fan of the Baby Taylor. Now the GS Mini totally different story BUT your price range is too low even to get a used GS Mini unless you find a seller that doesn't know any better. Nope at that price I say just get a Martin LX1 used.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by fabianaryo

if you mean the RP-06, i used to own one. it does look a little cheap, but feels and sounds really good for the price. the thing is, the RP-06 is NOT a travel guitar - it's got a longer scale than any of the guitars listed earlier in this thread (25.4") and it's just plain bigger than any of the guitars in your original post. so are most of the guitars generally referred to as parlors, which tend to be martin size 0 guitars.

the guitars you were looking at are 3/4 size or smaller - think little martin. the 3/4 is the last pic shown here, the 0 size (like the recording king RP-06) is the one directly to its left. keep in mind you'll be looking at a little more neck length, too.

Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Mar 11, 2016,
Hi. Look for such at travel a guitar Doff T. It is made on a sample a parlor of a guitar of 1830 of the Russian master Ivan Batov. Do it in Russia
in St. Petersburg manufactory Doff. But this guitar close of the size of Martin Travel but sounds better.