Poll Options
View poll results: Great actor or hype
Great actor
15 47%
hype train
17 53%
Voters: 32.
Page 1 of 3
I found myself reading a cringe clickbait article earlier focused on the upcoming marvel movie Doctor Strange starring benedict cumberbatch, and I was thinking to myself how a few years ago I'd never heard of the actor yet he has now starred in many big movies after Sherlock

So in your opinion is he a great actor or is there just too much hype surrounding the guy?
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
He is magnificent in Sherlock. Haven't seen him in anything else so for the rest idk
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Bit of both? He's a decent actor and give a commanding performance but he is also very overhyped by his fans.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I haven't seen him in a lot of things but he definitely threw himself into the Sherlock role. Thing is he gets pigeon-holed as 'reserved posh British guy' a lot and it's hard to show your acting skill off when you're playing the same character over and over again.

I would rate someone like Cillian Murphy who really portrays each character he plays differently higher but then I've seen him in more stuff so
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11
I haven't seen him in a lot of things but he definitely threw himself into the Sherlock role. Thing is he gets pigeon-holed as 'reserved posh British guy' a lot and it's hard to show your acting skill off when you're playing the same character over and over again.

I would rate someone like Cillian Murphy who really portrays each character he plays differently higher but then I've seen him in more stuff so

Despite being American in the comics we have yet to find out what accent benedict will be playing him with so we might not get reserved posh British guy
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Despite being American in the comics we have yet to find out what accent benedict will be playing him with so we might not get reserved posh British guy

True. I'm pretty sure the film starts out with him in New York so I imagine he'll have a posh American accent thing. Unless the magic suddenly turns him British.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the film though in terms of how much they use it to change the world they've built in the MCU. Could completely bring in a new tone for future films.

Quote by RAB11
True. I'm pretty sure the film starts out with him in New York so I imagine he'll have a posh American accent thing. Unless the magic suddenly turns him British.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the film though in terms of how much they use it to change the world they've built in the MCU. Could completely bring in a new tone for future films.

It pretty much has to change everything, look as thor and loki they're supposed to be gods but nope aliens, scarlett witch magic? Nah she just has control of cosmic energy. How's tony or Bruce going to say anything scientific when the sorcerer supreme arrives
- Frank Castle
Two things that guarantee you will be viewed an as amazing and brilliant actor.

1 - Look really weird (see Christopher Walken)

2 - Have a severe drug or alchohol abuse problem (You get acting legend status if the drug problem causes your death. The younger the better.)

If step one and two are beyond you then try to be only in Mafia movies, that works too.

Oh yeh, and step 2 doesn't work if your name is Corey
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Mar 9, 2016,
Pretty sure that he's a college football player from Oxford and not an actor.

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
He seems like a good actor but there are plenty of other good actors who don't get the same hype so i don't know
I have nothing important to say
He's definitely a great actor, having given enough great performances (Sherlock, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, 12 Years A Slave) to prove that. He's also definitely overhyped by his weirdly rabid fanbase.
Bonderstomp Tunderthatch

Benadryl Tindersnatch

Blubberwhale Ampersand
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Mar 9, 2016,
but he looks like a fucking lizard
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Bentdick Cucumberpatch.

I think he's a pretty decent actor, he's aight in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy for instance. In Sherlock, he played two different versions of the character, one that is eerily close to that 80's TV version with Jeremy Brett during Victorian London and the other is that sort of modern 'I am the ultimate prick, love me' sort of thing and both felt unique and distinct despite them technically being the same.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Last edited by EpiExplorer at Mar 9, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
Banterminge Thundersmash

Quote by ultimate-slash
Banterminge Thundersmash

*gold medal*
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
A little column A, a little column B.

What's puzzling is that so many people find him so attractive.
Free Ali
Quote by Banjocal
but he looks like a fucking lizard

I used to teach teenage girls. Teenage magazines go nuts for this guy
Quote by chrismendiola

The first time I saw him on Sherlock, I thought 'theres no way a human could have a face like that'. Then I remember that Steve Buscemi exists.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
I don't know who that is.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by EpiExplorer
The first time I saw him on Sherlock, I thought 'theres no way a human could have a face like that'. Then I remember that Steve Buscemi exists.

Yeah but no one ever froths over Steve Buscemi though.
Benny is a scottish woman mixed with otter.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by RCA1186
I don't know who that is.

I think he was a contestant in the annual "Most British Name" awards.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by chrismendiola

He's crazy gorgeous stop this.

Quote by theogonia777
Pretty sure that he's a college football player from Oxford and not an actor.

Cumberbatch isn't an appearance, he's a state of being. Hot fellas are a-plenty, it's the way actors carry themselves that makes them irresistible.
Quote by Will Lane at #33871566
i get told i look like benedict cucumber quite often. or at least reminiscent of.

Ouch.
Free Ali
I dont know why it is but American media has a long history of trying to convince us that creepy British guys are super hot.
Quote by EyeNon15
I dont know why it is but American media has a long history of trying to convince us that creepy British guys are super hot.

It's to remind your young who your superiors are.

Quote by RAB11
It's to remind your young who your superiors are.

Yeh this would be a good slam in 1850.
GB isn't an empire anymore.
You English twats are like the middle aged out of shape alcoholic that was the hottest guy in his high school.
Page 1 of 3