Just wondering if anybody here has had any experience with leveling frets. I guess not so much leveling the whole neck, but lets say you have just one fret that is a little high, would it be stupid for a guy who has only been playing a couple months to take a little light grit sandpaper and gradually try to work that fret down a tad? This is on a Ibanez Gio, and I actually took it to a shop to have them take a look, everything is good to go. Even though, they have bench charges and what not so it would be a hundred bucks for them to just mess with one fret. Changing strings, tuning intonating, raising and lowering action has been done time and time again and I got it down pretty good now I guess. Talked to a coworker who plays bass in a local band, he said why don't you just work it down with some steel wool or sandpaper, like nothing to it.

Anyway wanted to bring it here to get a little feedback on the suggestion.
Flying in a blue dream
It's pretty easy to do yourself with basic stuff most people have. If you search my old posts you can probably find an explanation. Otherwise I'll try and post something a bit later this evening as I don't have time to go into that much detail right now.
Not taking any online orders.
Found what I needed in post a guy made you responded to back years ago. A lot of good info pertaining to my situation, including possibly changing back to 10's from the 9's I'm using now and crowning the fret after I take it down slightly and what material to use. Sweet.
Flying in a blue dream