Public Transit HORROR STORIES (Reader beware, you're in for a scare)

While waiting for my 40 minutes late bus, the crazy drunk lady pissed herself. The kids who were laughing at her stole her purse and phone thereafter. Soon, the police arrived.

Anyone else take the bus ever? This might be the last time I do.
I used to take the bus when I was in the Army. It was cheap. Nothing interesting ever happened.
Last time I used a bus was to go to Eagle Pass from San Antonio ($50) to go gambling and get crazy drunk.
Never been on a public bus, thank god. Public transportation sucks around here anyways.
Saw a full on punch on on the train, seen a few sly handjobs happen...the usual.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Public transport!? I'm not a millionaire, I can't afford it. That's the true horror story. The fact that a 28 mile commute, 2 buses and a train, cost £71 a week, which is twice the cost of putting petrol in my car.

Last year I bought a car (£300) I insured it (£290 a year) and fuelled it up (£1536 at £32 a week for 48 weeks) which means I spent £2126.

A yearly train ticket is £2680 and the total cost of a two buses a year is £720 with a total spend of £3400. I save £1274 using a car. Also, at the end of the year I still have the car, but the train ticket goes in the bin, so I save money year on year driving a car. It's ass backwards! Public transport should be so much cheaper than running a personal vehicle.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Damn, Guitardude19....I had no idea public transit costs were so high over there! The entire appeal of public transit is the cheap price. Removes the impetus to use it at all if you aren't saving money (due to the inconvenience of waiting for buses, trains, etc).
Quote by TobusRex
Damn, Guitardude19....I had no idea public transit costs were so high over there! The entire appeal of public transit is the cheap price. Removes the impetus to use it at all if you aren't saving money (due to the inconvenience of waiting for buses, trains, etc).

It's run for profit by privately run monopolies (in all but name) and the taxpayer subsidises their losses. Its an inefficient system. It's worse if you want to go into London. Expect to pay premium prices. If I wanted to go to London on a season ticket from where I live it's £3400 a year.

Prices rise by more than inflation and wages have stagnated. So its lose-lose for the customers.

Also, my numbers are only accurate for engines with 1.2L or less. Anything more than that and you start to lose the benefit of fuel savings, and if the car is bought new, it takes years to pay for itself in savings, though in the long run its cheaper to run a small engine car xD
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Mar 10, 2016,
Quote by Guitardude19
It's run for profit by privately run monopolies (in all but name) and the taxpayer subsidises their losses. Its an inefficient system. It's worse if you want to go into London. Expect to pay premium prices. If I wanted to go to London on a season ticket from where I live it's £3400 a year.

Prices rise by more than inflation and wages have stagnated. So its lose-lose for the customers.

Also, my numbers are only accurate for engines with 1.2L or less. Anything more than that and you start to lose the benefit of fuel savings, and if the car is bought new, it takes years to pay for itself in savings, though in the long run its cheaper to run a small engine car xD

Ah...so it's been privatized. That explains it all. We have idiot politicians in the USA that want to privatize everything.
1.2l?!?!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
40 mins for a bus lmao.

I take bus & train everywhere and I'll avoid any route that has me waiting more than 5 mins for a bus.

Quote by Guitardude19
Public transport!? I'm not a millionaire, I can't afford it. That's the true horror story. The fact that a 28 mile commute, 2 buses and a train, cost £71 a week, which is twice the cost of putting petrol in my car.

Last year I bought a car (£300) I insured it (£290 a year) and fuelled it up (£1536 at £32 a week for 48 weeks) which means I spent £2126.

A yearly train ticket is £2680 and the total cost of a two buses a year is £720 with a total spend of £3400. I save £1274 using a car. Also, at the end of the year I still have the car, but the train ticket goes in the bin, so I save money year on year driving a car. It's ass backwards! Public transport should be so much cheaper than running a personal vehicle.

I travel from one side of London to another and just pay £145 for monthly tube/bus (~£1740/year)

granted that comes with paying London rent/house prices but I live at home atm.

Biggest issue with transport in this country is the profit maximising rail companies taking the piss with their pricing.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
A lady had her window open and had her arm resting there while texting, someone from outside jumped and took her phone and ran.

There was another one where someone getting off the bus and somebody stole their purse, but there was a cop on the bus so he ran to pursue the thief so the bus driver decided to stop and wait there and told everyone to get another bus.
I got stuck on a train with about 500 wasted teenagers who were coming back from the Made In America music festival (I was not at the festival) Three of them threw up, and another one started a fire

It was terrible
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by nico_9550
A lady had her window open and had her arm resting there while texting, someone from outside jumped and took her phone and ran.

There was another one where someone getting off the bus and somebody stole their purse, but there was a cop on the bus so he ran to pursue the thief so the bus driver decided to stop and wait there and told everyone to get another bus.

"What? lol no I'm watching this shit, get another bus"
I use it whenever I want to go anywhere cuz I'm dead terrified of driving.

Worst thing that's happened on public transport..? A 70 year old embittered man when on a rant in the middle of the bus about how its not a 'christian christmas' anymore. He went on and on for about 30 mins until some woman with the verbal clarity of a deranged kitten huffer shouted at his nose to stop.

Awkward as hell.

This is also disregarding all the weird drunks from Leeds that kept trying to talk to me at Epsom station when I went to uni.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I once waited for the bus only to find out that the bus driver didn't show up for work that day.

THE HORROR!
I only take the bus when for someone reason I can't drive, which is rare, so the worst thing that happens is that the bus is late or too early. Late, I understand, but why would you arrive early?
Free Ali
Most places I need to go are within walking or driving distance but I occasionally take the train and rarely the bus because I haven't figured the routes out yet.

I saw what appeared to be the beginning of a knife fight on the train the other day but I didn't stick around, for obvious reasons.
cat
Quote by trashedlostfdup
1.2l?!?!

I think that's pretty much standard for an economy 4 cylinder.
I was the only person on a public bus earlier today, and the chatty driver really wanted to talk about how great he thought Donald Trump was and birther conspiracies.
I've taken the bus a few times when my car was in the shop.

One of those times I got on the bus on the correct loop, but going in the wrong direction. Didn't realize it until it was too late. Had to ride the whole loop around to get back home that day.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
The bus? Jesus I don't think I've taken the vagrant shuttle in nearly 10 years. What did you expect to find on peasant transport?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by Guitardude19

28 mile commute? Dude move closer to your job.
Once upon a time some idiot spilled a drink on the train

I was scarred for life
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Once upon a time some idiot spilled a drink on the train

I was scarred for life

In Taiwan food/drink on the train is illegal. The subway is never smelly or sticky. It's like a dream
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
28 mile commute? Dude move closer to your job.

If I could afford to move I would have already!
I got into a flip off battle last year with some loud trashy people. It was very horrible.
Quote by Guitardude19
If I could afford to move I would have already!

Yeah fair enough!

Can you speed your commute up by weaving through traffic on a moped or anything?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah fair enough!

Can you speed your commute up by weaving through traffic on a moped or anything?

Used to use a CBF 600 motorbike before some twat who was texting and driving knocked me off. Hit me from behind at 30mph causing me to roll off the bonnet. 4 fractured vertebrae and broken facet joints later and I'm too scared to ever ride again. It's been a year since it happened.
i used to take the subway when i lived up north, nothing to it

just mind your own business and don't dress like a fancy faggot and nobody will bother you.

not too familiar with riding public buses though.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I took the bus every day for the last 9 years (first to and from highschool and then to and from college), and i cant say anything interesting ever happened, besides the fuckers being incredibly slow. But as someone said on the first page, it was technicly more expensive than driving, and took more than an hour longer each day. The good part was that we had some sort of school pases implemented about 4 years ago, which made it a lot cheaper, but if you are a normal person, not a student or anything, you do in fact pay more for the bus than you do for a car. It might be slightly better if you take the bus and then hop onto a train, but that adds easily another 30-60 minutes to your daily comute, that is already about 2.5 hours, and even then its barely even with owning and driving a car to the same place.

However just the trains were prety good. I had a gf for two years that lived about 200km away from me, and the trains were not that expensive and were usually on time. They did take more twice as long as driving tho, so i dunno if it was worth it.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by Guitardude19
Used to use a CBF 600 motorbike before some twat who was texting and driving knocked me off. Hit me from behind at 30mph causing me to roll off the bonnet. 4 fractured vertebrae and broken facet joints later and I'm too scared to ever ride again. It's been a year since it happened.

Shit man I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing ok now.

People who can't drive are a fucking menace. Hope they threw the book at your guy.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Shit man I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing ok now.

People who can't drive are a fucking menace. Hope they threw the book at your guy.

The police did nothing. All they did was give me a crime number for insurance purposes. I wanted to press charges but they did nothing because there was "not enough evidence" to proceed.
Never had anything worse than the standard 'youths playing bare loud music innit blud on their phones at the back of the bus' kind of situation.

My old work commute was 37 miles each way, cost around £17 per week (125cc/small engined motorcycle) but that's about the extent of the horrors I've faced on the road.
Don't have many bad stories about public transport and I've been taking the bus to school every day of the week for almost 7 years now.

One is from the bus home when some pretty well-known gay dude from my town was drunk and/or high. When we were getting off the bus he was trying to 'approach' other men. Among other people he tried to kiss me but I pushed him back and told him I wasn't 'like that'. I've been shitfaced and done embarassing stuff many a time so I didn't take it to heart but I don't think I'd appreciate the same breach of personal space from most women, let alone a middle aged man.

Only other thing I can think of is this crazy slightly older girl from the neighbouring town. She seems perfectly normal when getting on and off the bus, kinda sweet actually, but there's been a time or two when she got on her phone during the bus ride. The conversations she had seemed fairly normal in terms of content, but the reason I can tell you this is because she fucking screams the words into the phone from the top of her lungs.

And I don't mean in a way an old lady talks into the phone because she has trouble hearing, I mean proper screaming with a hint of histeria. It was awkward as fuck but she was harmless apart from startling the driver. It kinda made me want to talk her to be honest, I'm not sure if out sympathy or just out of pure curiosity.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo