Hello!

I got a fairly new Fender Telecaster Jim Root edition, just some month old and its a very nice guitar. I got a trade offer for it. An ESP M-II maple neck. Is this a good trade value, playability and qualitywise? Would you do it?

Thanks
What do you like/not like about your tele, and what would the ESP do better for you?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Tele is an awesome guitar, but I'm not sure about playing signature guitars live.
Then whydidja buy it then?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Black electrician's tape over the signature, voila...or maybe his don't even have his name on the headstock?
I gigged with Music Morse Music Man for quite some time and I don't think anoyone from the audience recognized it or asked me about it. The only question I was asked was where did I get the custom blue paintjob. Morse is a definitely different caliber player, whereas I might be slightly embarrassed with getting the guitar of one of the masked cretins from Slipknot, but I don't think it is that recognizable.
Quote by Skotland
The Tele is an awesome guitar, but I'm not sure about playing signature guitars live.

Most folk would'nt even reconize it.You honestly think most concert goers stare and study the performers guitar.
Quote by diabolical
Black electrician's tape over the signature, voila...or maybe his don't even have his name on the headstock?
I gigged with Music Morse Music Man for quite some time and I don't think anoyone from the audience recognized it or asked me about it. The only question I was asked was where did I get the custom blue paintjob. Morse is a definitely different caliber player, whereas I might be slightly embarrassed with getting the guitar of one of the masked cretins from Slipknot, but I don't think it is that recognizable.

You saying jim root aint a great player?
Quote by lodgi

Great is relative, but compared to Steve Morse, Root isn't even in the same league.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by lodgi

Why does it matter?

Do you like your guitar is what matters.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Dude, unless the signature model guitar is extremely flashy, and has the artist's name inlaid into the fretboard, like the Schecter sig models for the Avenged Sevenfold guys, nobody is going to notice. The majority of the people in the audience at any given show aren't going to know enough about guitars to even recognize the iconic shapes by name. And for the 2 or 3 out of ten that at least know that much, they're going to see your Jim Root Tele and think, "that's a black telecaster". Nothing more.

If you like the ESP better, go for the trade. If you like your tele just fine, then don't. Don't let reservations about what an audience might think of you playing a signature model influence your choice. It's a total non-issue.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by diabolical
Man, to compare Root to Steve Morse is to say that a lumberjack is a wood carver.

If he was good he wouldn't need the mask

to be fair jim isn't a bad player. not up to Morse standards though but few are.