The music has a certain swing to it, couple that with the grimy feel of Peste Noire, and some equally depraved vocals...Then you have Ungfell.

The Peste Noire influence is very apparent. Ungfell use the same ideas as Peste Noire like the twangy single note bends, into busy phrases, but they are the middle ground between Suhnopfer (who you should also listen to if you haven't already) and Peste Noire.

Anyways, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzsV_FCOcYw

https://ungfell.bandcamp.com/album/demo-lition
Calling it now; European "Redneck" Metal is going to be a movement, however small, whose genesis will be traced back to Peste Noire.

First time hearing this. It's charming. We will see if it sticks. Wonderful artwork.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Ex Clade Salus made me shout "Finntroll could have been slightly cool if it did silly stuff like this!"

Slightly.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by severed-metal
Anyways, enjoy.

I did. Great stuff.

I'd also like to point out that that cover art is pretty amazing.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Total Peste Noire worship but since when is that a bad thing? Enjoyed the track. Sweet cover art.
Glad you guys enjoyed it, they also have the split with Dhkma which is ripe for your ears fellas.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Calling it now; European "Redneck" Metal is going to be a movement, however small, whose genesis will be traced back to Peste Noire.

Haha, eventually they'll retreat to their cavernous hostels, floors drenched in ripped jeans and mohawk trimmings, but for now may as well enjoy the depravity.
Last edited by severed-metal at Mar 15, 2016,