Yes

I listen to a lot of artists that are terrible people. It's just music when you press play at the end of the day.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I pretty much avoid knowing anything about the artists I'm into cause the whole "fan" of the person thing is pretty weird to me. Also don't like the idea of some generalisation popping up with regards to the music based on things I know about the artist.

Have had quite a few times where I've gone to see someone live that I've listened to a lot and that performance will be the first time seeing what they look like.

I'm not too keen learning on personal influences and reasons behind a piece of art either, prefer to take my own interpretation of it rather than getting wrapped up in someone else feelings and drama.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It depends.

Sometimes to understand what a piece means, you have to understand the context in which the art was made.
I'm not too keen learning on personal influences and reasons behind a piece of art either, prefer to take my own interpretation of it rather than getting wrapped up in someone else feelings and drama.

I think the 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' idea has run itself into the ground in certain art circles. It's too often been used as an excuse to make pretentious tripe.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 10, 2016,
i never cared for the personal lives of artists

they can do whatever the fuk they want

as long as they produce quality art, music, etc it's all good for me (the audience)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

both of TLSP's new songs are shit tho lbr

and considering i've loved every thing alex turner's done aside from these i can definitely separate them
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I don't care about the artist so they are always seperate to the art for me
I have nothing important to say
I don't really buy into the notion that you can or should totally separate the work from the artist (or vice versa) (inb4 some dickhole mentions Barthes like he is the cutting edge of critical theory) -- but I am also wary of the "character assassination as aesthetic critique" charade, whereby "John Lennon beat his wife, ergo The Beatles' music is bad."
Quote by k.lainad
i never cared for the personal lives of artists

they can do whatever the fuk they want

as long as they produce quality art, music, etc it's all good for me (the audience)

+1. As long as I enjoy their art I'll enjoy it regardless of what terrible people they may be. Leadbelly, for example, was a murderer. Chuck Berry is a pervert. Jeffrey Jones is a pervert. Jimi Hendrix was a drug addict. PeeWee Herman is a pervert. They are/were talented and produce(d) good work.