I have an Ibanez SA 160 (HSS pick-up configuration) and I'm wanting to swap them out for better pickups. I like classic rock and blues tunes. What do you all recommend? I've heard good things about the Lollar Imperial Humbuckers...

Thanks
Lollar makes great pickups. Almost can't go wrong with them.

I'd also recommend looking at Lace, Rio Grande, or Bareknuckle. Maybe custom makers like The Creamery or Vintage Vibe.

The question is, quality aside, what is your budget? All those makers kick ass, but they're pricey, and you might find that less expensive pickups might be good enough.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
What kinda pedals? What kind of amp? And is there something you don't like about your pickups now?
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Firstly, what amp/speakers are you playing through? They will make a lot more of a difference on your overall tone than pickups will.

For a good blues/classic rock sound, stick to a lower-medium output humbucker in the bridge. Maybe a Seymour Duncan '59 or Pearly Gates? I'm less knowledgeable on aftermarket single coils, since I mainly play humbucker-only guitars (And the stock single coils on nicer Fenders always sound good enough to me...), but someone else will be happy to chime in there, I'm sure!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
As far as the single coil, check out the Seymour Duncan Cool Rail. I'm actually thinking about getting one for my Jackson Dinky for when I want to get that creamy, bluesy tone.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by Nolasludge
As far as the single coil, check out the Seymour Duncan Cool Rail. I'm actually thinking about getting one for my Jackson Dinky for when I want to get that creamy, bluesy tone.

The Cool Rail is more of an open sounding pickup, very clean and clear. For 'creamy' and 'bluesy', the Little 59 is a better choice.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
lollar has a good rep, but i haven't tried any

you want to decide if you want the single coils to match the output of the full humbucker, or the output of the split humbucker. once you decide that it makes things a lot easier.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

you want to decide if you want the single coils to match the output of the full humbucker, or the output of the split humbucker. once you decide that it makes things a lot easier.

Truth.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!