Page 1 of 2
Quote by slapsymcdougal
when you take the drugs

A few years ago one of my good friends had depression, their medicine wasn't working so they changed it. A week later they found him, guess it didn't work.

The drugs scare me.
It's get better when its get better
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by tateandlyle
prob when you do something about it idk

yup
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
When you make it better.

*flies away via dick helicopter*
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
when you go your own way
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

when things get bad and you pick yourself back up, it makes the normal seem better. failure and down times in life are good things. people who never struggle for, or over anything, most likely don't have appreciation for things as those who know what it's like to struggle and fight for things. I'm coming from a standpoint of a mindset, not material.
apply cream to the afflicted area

rub vigorously
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal at #33873679
apply cream to the afflicted area

rub vigorously

he doesn't do that
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
It doesn't get better.

It will continue to get worse until you die.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by WCPhils
what's wrong buddy?

I've been depressed since October. To this point i've tried to ignore it, but it's been getting worse recently.

Last year my GPA was a 3.8. Last semester i got a 3.4, and so far this semester i have an F, a D, and a C-. My parents just found out and are taking away my computer for awhile because they think I'm just being lazy. I have no joy in life, even when I'm laughing and having fun (once in a blue moon) i feel like I'm either faking it or don't deserve it. When i go to sleep i dread waking up, and when i wake up i wish i hadn't. I feel like I'm wasting my life, and there's one thing i want to do, play music, and at the end of the day i usually don't have the time or energy. I want to be a musician, because that's the only thing that makes me happy, but the odds of even making a living doing it are next to none. I'm set to live a shitty, depressed life. I'm scared to take antidepressants because deep down i don't want to admit i need help.

I haven't told anyone. I don't want anyone to know.
If the only thing in life that will make you happy is to be a successful musician then yeah, maybe you're set for some real hard times because its gonna be a hard gig to get, not that its impossible, but yeah.

Not saying give that up or anything.

I mean, I don't see the harm in being on of those people that works a shitty job their entire life that gets on with it because they have enough fun doing whatever they can with their low wage to do the things they like. If you don't want that for yourself then you can always educate yourself later in life to change that. It may be harder then to do that than now (or maybe not i dunno).
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by ehbacon
I've been depressed since October. To this point i've tried to ignore it, but it's been getting worse recently.

Last year my GPA was a 3.8. Last semester i got a 3.4, and so far this semester i have an F, a D, and a C-. My parents just found out and are taking away my computer for awhile because they think I'm just being lazy. I have no joy in life, even when I'm laughing and having fun (once in a blue moon) i feel like I'm faking it or don't deserve it. When i go to sleep i dread waking up, and when i wake up i wish i hadn't. I feel like I'm wasting my life, and there's one thing i want to do, play music, and at the end of the day i usually don't have the time or energy. I want to be a musician, because that's the only thing that makes me happy, but the odds of even making a living doing it are next to none. I'm set to live a shitty, depressed life. I'm scared to take antidepressants because deep down i don't want to admit i need help.

You have to tell some one asap. If not your parents, someone else. Derepression is a 100% diagnosable and treatable thing. The nature of it makes you not want to do anything though so you gotta JUST GO FOR IT somehow
i was going to make a long, depressing post here but then chose not to

life gets better. action vs. inaction. fight what my therapist liked to call the do-nothingitus. it's difficult, but not impossible.

depressions a bitch. get treatment, and get therapy (<-- the most important). it helps. and if medication makes you feel depressed/suidical, stop it immediately and consult your doctor, because it's not supposed to do that. it should be a seamless transition more or less.
Last edited by Dregen at Mar 10, 2016,
Man....so start making music and fucking writing.
I was crazy depressed I was 16 and had a kid while not being able to afford shit but I said fuck it and dredged through and got a good job and bought all the gear to record music because I want the same thing...to make my living with music.
You go to school and don't feel like doing anything...Why?
Is making a living off music easy? NO
So go out there and write with some passion and start on your dream but don't fuck up your opportunity to get higher education in the process...some people aren't that lucky to go to college .

And yes I know not everyone is the same and depression isn't that simple. The best you can do it try and try and try and try and try.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
you're prob gonna want to separate out the issues of depression and making a living and tackle them side by side rather than as one thing
Quote by ehbacon at #33873733

Last year my GPA was a 3.8. Last semester i got a 3.4, and so far this semester i have an F, a D, and a C-. My parents just found out and are taking away my computer for awhile because they think I'm just being lazy. I have no joy in life, even when I'm laughing and having fun (once in a blue moon) i feel like I'm either faking it or don't deserve it. When i go to sleep i dread waking up, and when i wake up i wish i hadn't. I feel like I'm wasting my life, and there's one thing i want to do, play music, and at the end of the day i usually don't have the time or energy. I want to be a musician, because that's the only thing that makes me happy, but the odds of even making a living doing it are next to none. I'm set to live a shitty, depressed life. I'm scared to take antidepressants because deep down i don't want to admit i need help.

you have to talk to someone man. Now before it gets worse

Like I don't know your relationship with your parents but you seem close (based on some of your posts) so maybe start there if you want. If not then there are likely people at school specifically there to help out in situations like this.

And not everything has to be solved with medication. Just talking to someone could help a lot. You'll never know until you try
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by ehbacon

Take it from someone who's been down that road - talk to someone. It seems shameful, embarrassing, frustrating, and stupid to think that just talking is going to make a difference. Trust me, it does. Even if they don't do anything to 'help' you, you'd be amazed at what just putting it into words for someone else to hear can do for you overall. I avoided it for years because I really thought the idea that speaking to someone could do any good when the problem was mine was not only asinine, but BS, but believe me when I say a single conversation can completely change the complexion of things, and it only gets better from there. The only time you fail, and I mean only, is when you choose to. We might not all be olympic swimmers, but we can all swim - at least enough to find an extended hand, and even if that hand does nothing more than drag us out for a breath.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
Last edited by an.interloper at Mar 10, 2016,
Quote by ehbacon at #33873733

I've been depressed for like, seven years straight or something like that? Idk, for all I know I've actually been depressed twenty-two years straight but whatever, that's not the point.

I can't recommend finding good friends enough. I think I genuinely owe my life to three people. I used to be the kind of person that never talked to anyone about emotions and shit but now I feel like that's all I do. There's something so unbelievably cathartic to just talking through your life. And even though a lot of people aren't interested in talking about that sort of real shit, you'd be surprised how many people you know who might be able to relate.

But I honestly think that my inability to face my problems is probably the number one thing that's been ruining my life up to this point and I've been working so hard on fixing that over the last year but it's hard when you've got a voice in the back of your head constantly telling you that you deserve every bad thing that will ever happen to you.
I just don't know who to talk to. I have this feeling that if i tell my parents they'll feel like it's their fault.

The worst part is that when i was younger and another friend of mine had committed suicide, me and my dad made a deal that if we ever felt like that we'd tell each either. I had no idea that it would be so hard...
Talk to your parents or a friend, just someone. I let depression eat about 15 years of my life. You don't want to look back on your best years with no fond memories. It sucks
Quote by ehbacon
I just don't know who to talk to. I have this feeling that if i tell my parents they'll feel like it's their fault.

The worst part is that when i was younger and another friend of mine had committed suicide, me and my dad made a deal that if we ever felt like that we'd tell each either. I had no idea that it would be so hard...

Talk to your counselor at school. Or find a teacher that you trust. That's what they're there for.
Quote by ehbacon at #33873838

They might feel like it's their fault. Unfortunately people who've never dealt with depression find it pretty much impossible to understand. People tend to think of it as an endless sadness when it's really far more complicated than that.

I don't know what to tell you there; my parents would be the last people I'd tell about depression.
Quote by bradulator at #33873843
Talk to your counselor at school. Or find a teacher that you trust. That's what they're there for.

Yeah this is a solid idea
Quote by ehbacon

I'm not sure about your situation,* but many colleges/universities have free counseling services for students. They're private, so no one but you and a therapist/counselor will know until you decide you want to tell someone.

I'd recommend doing that and I hope you find your way through this. It sounds tough.

* not sure if you're in high school or university
Quote by ehbacon at #33873838

It's really hard man. Truly

But seriously if your dad said that, and you think he'll want to help, talk to him. For me it was the same way with my mom. We had an extremely similar talk too at one point after a cousin's partner killed himself.

The last thing I wanted to do was say something to her. I felt like a loser/failure/was embarrassed, and thought she would blame herself, but it was the thing that helped most. By far

I still struggle with it on and off to varying degrees, but having someone close to you who knows that something is wrong and cares is great.
Quote by bradulator at #33873843

And yea bacon, if none of the above is appealing (which I totally understand) do this. I know a lot of people who've gone and talked to counselors for countless problems. Everything from depression, death of a loved one, grades, relationships, whatever. They're there to help. They won't judge you which is by far the scariest part of talking to someone you know, like a parent.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by ehbacon
I'm terrified.

When you let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better.
Open your heart, it will be okaaaayyyyyy

Can't hold on much longer (but I will never let go)
On this one way track (but how long will it last)...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by ehbacon
My parents just found out and are taking away my computer for awhile because they think I'm just being lazy.
So are you posting on your phone right now? Also, aren't you 18 already? I think it's a little old to be put on time out from the parents, but I guess at least they're being supportive. Anyways,

I feel like I'm wasting my life, and there's one thing i want to do, play music, and at the end of the day i usually don't have the time or energy. I want to be a musician, because that's the only thing that makes me happy, but the odds of even making a living doing it are next to none. I'm set to live a shitty life.
Minus a few select parts, this is pretty much the story of my life so far.

I'm bothered with it almost every single day, but I can't really say it's to the point where I can't enjoy things in life because I'm too depressed. I can't tell you a way to deal with it (depression is a different problem, and if you think you have it, you have to be the one to deal with it properly. I think you know what I mean by that too.), but I think it's important to not let it get the better of you.

Obviously I don't know your life, but I think its just stress that has a very strong grip on you. You just need to break away. I know it's feels impossible when you have no time, but sometimes you just have to force it. Anything just to get some you time. It could be anything from an hour a day to read a book you love or a week long vacation and everything in between.

As far as solutions go, you need to know that what you're going for is really what you want and not just what you think you should be doing. You have to have the passion for it. I used to think I wanted to be a musician too, but fast forward a few years, I realized I just idolized the living and probably made it a goal just because it was convenient. My passion is still playing the guitar, but reality is, I have no creative writing skills and probably wouldn't be very successful without it. But as long as I know where that passion is, I have just a little faith I can do something great with it.

If you know where your passion lies, you know how to be happy. And if you know how to be happy, you know what you should be working for.

Instead of 'when do things get better?', try asking yourself 'what will I do to make things better?'.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 10, 2016,
Page 1 of 2