This is mainly geared toward friends / dating

I talk to all of my close friends on the phone. We hardly text to hangout. Just call each other and shoot the chit for an hour. It's really fun, texting is pretty stupid if you know the person well. I'd also rather date someone who has the guts to ring me up than send me unclear messages and not reply for 6 hours.

Texting can be pretty beneficial during busy days, but you know someone cares about you if they're willing to chat for a few hours in this day and age where everyone claims to have some kind of social impairment.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

For most conversations I will text/message people because it's simply less invasive and you can reply on your own terms (and theirs too) in a bit of down time. It also prolongs conversations which is nice because it makes you feel less alone and you can just talk about something as events develop. For example I text my mates when we're watching football and stuff is happening because we wanna talk about it but no point starting up a conference call that would be silly.

I phone my mum or dad when I need to speak to them though. I phone people when we're planning to have a phone call and just block out an amount of time to chat to each other. I phone people when you're out and you just need an immediate answer to find out where they are or where you are meeting etc.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Both

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
text. calling is demanding someone elses time. texting lets them respond on their own terms at their own convenience
I have to talk on the phone a lot for my job so I absolutely despise doing it. I also agree that texting is less invasive. Talking on the phone really impairs you, while you can text and still carry a decent conversation without ignoring the other person or dividing attention too much like you would on a phone call.

I'll agree that talking on the phone in certain situations just makes more sense.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I do both about equally. I don't like texting much anymore because my phone is too big for me to hold comfortably and my wrists ache after a while. I also find it more distracting that talking. I call my parents and bf nearly every day and a bunch of other relatives and close friends about once a week. I text everyone else.
cat
Texting.

"pub, 9?"

"k"

Why have your conversation before you arrive?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Texting.

"pub, 9?"

"k"

Why have a conversation at all?

Please don't answer that.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Texting.

"pub, 9?"

"k"

Because life isn't predicated on the appearance of social efficiency to people on the internet.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I call important people. I message folks on Facebook otherwise. I don't text much.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by JustRooster
Because life isn't predicated on the appearance of social efficiency to people on the internet.

what

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Text because I have a job and I'm not a rude asshole.

at least irl
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Text because I have a job and I'm not a rude asshole.

at least irl

This is the pit, honestly.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
It depends on what kind of conversation it is. If it's something that would need the person's attention right away, I call the person.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Can't even remember the last time I called someone
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I usually text unless I need an answer quick.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by JustRooster

I have no idea why you're confusing laziness with 'social efficiency'.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I have no idea why you're confusing laziness with 'social efficiency'.

He's old fashioned and doesn't think people should talk online