19 28%
Get a visa for NZ or Canada and party until the money runs out
19 28%
Other (specify what)
12 18%
Voters: 68.
Page 1 of 4
Hi pit.

So I haven't got any plans for the time period of September - the rest of my life. I will need to earn money for food and beer and stuff but really can't narrow down what I should do. I'm teaching in Asia right now, going home for the summer to party and earn some money then who knows.

Vote on the poll and give me some ideas!
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Mar 11, 2016,
First thing you gotta do is cut down on costs.
Save money for beer by cutting down on your food intake.
Then invent something and sell it and live comfortably off the royalty for life.
No need to thank me, it's what I do
I swear I'll win the Taiwan receipt lottery any day now!

Quote by UltimateGuizar
First thing you gotta do is cut down on costs.
Save money for beer by cutting down on your food intake.
Then invent something and sell it and live comfortably off the royalty for life.
No need to thank me, it's what I do

Dude I have been trying to live without working for a long time. Ideas for inventions just aren't coming to me

So unless you have any inventions you'd like to share I think I'll have to do something else as well.
am in the exact same situation. building life post-september

i'm being a barber and the partner is starting a small printing company we think
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Become a dandy highwayman.

Hmm higher than average risk of prison though right?
Hmmmm, how about an electric invention making machine.
People could call you up and be all, I need an invention for to make dem profits.
You just flip the switch and watch the dollar$ roll in.

Call you company Missus-ibanezy dollars
Last edited by UltimateGuizar at Mar 11, 2016,
Why not go back home and teach? Or is our education system really that shit.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Why not go back home and teach? Or is our education system really that shit.

Yeah it really is that shit.

I will supply for a bit in June because 6 months of travelling has drained my money.

But yeah - shit education system, no respect, badly behaved kids, insane hours, boring wet cold county... Nahhh...

Teaching in Taiwan is actually a lot of fun but I don't know if I should stay in Asia or go to somewhere cool in Europe or do something else entirely
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Hmm higher than average risk of prison though right?

Fine, go straight for the negatives.
Quote by tateandlyle
am in the exact same situation. building life post-september

i'm being a barber and the partner is starting a small printing company we think

That sounds really cool!
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Hmmmm, how about an electric invention making machine.
People could call you up and be all, I need an invention for to make dem profits.
You just flip the switch and watch the dollar$ roll in.

Call you company Missus-ibanezy dollars

7/10 idea I'll get straight on that. Just need some ideas on what to do while it's being built.

Sorry for the triple post quoting is hard on my phone.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah it really is that shit.

I will supply for a bit in June because 6 months of travelling has drained my money.

But yeah - shit education system, no respect, badly behaved kids, insane hours, boring wet cold county... Nahhh...

Teaching in Taiwan is actually a lot of fun but I don't know if I should stay in Asia or go to somewhere cool in Europe or do something else entirely

go private #yolo

Life in UK is shit but doubt it'd be any better anywhere else in my field so I am staying put

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by korinaflyingv
can you give me free haircuts

absolutely but i don't live near you any more. i train next month tho and am gonna be doing free haircuts for a while whilst i sort my practice out

good thing to get into ibby because you can cut hair everywhere and it always needs cutting you see
Quote by tateandlyle
absolutely but i don't live near you any more. i train next month tho and am gonna be doing free haircuts for a while whilst i sort my practice out

good thing to get into ibby because you can cut hair everywhere and it always needs cutting you see

You make a good point.
I'm an English teacher and you can do that anywhere but usually for a bit of a longer chunk of time. I've heard of people earning money in hostels cutting crusty gap yah hair and earning enough to just eternally travel around doing it. It sounds pretty awesome.

Also on the UK thing I really don't want to do any more winters in the UK. I have pretty severe SAD and it feels like I am just existing for months on end desperately waiting for summer to come back. Waste of a life.
Quote by CrossBack7
Go to Japan and teach English.

Got a buddy doing it and he loves it. They're always looking for English teachers.

Thought about it. I'm actually teaching English in Taiwan right now where the cost of living is cheaper. Japan does look really cool though.

But also if I work in Europe I'm closer to all my friends which is a factor here. I've made new friends who are cool but I do miss my family and stuff.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Yeah. An acquaintance of mine is doing the same in Hong Kong and loves it.

Yeah I probably should have specified that's what I am doing right now
Ahh. As far as I know in France they have a dole type thing for performance based artists. You only have to do 1 performance a week to get it (and it's significantly more than jobseekers over here) and you get to keep most of whatever you earn from the performance as well. So you could just play a bit of guitar at an open mic every week and you've got a fairly reasonable living wage.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Ahh. As far as I know in France they have a dole type thing for performance based artists. You only have to do 1 performance a week to get it (and it's significantly more than jobseekers over here) and you get to keep most of whatever you earn from the performance as well. So you could just play a bit of guitar at an open mic every week and you've got a fairly reasonable living wage.

benefits scum get out of our country

Quote by korinaflyingv

That sounds pretty awesome.

France isn't too different from the uk though let's be honest.
Work for National Geographic or similar such thing

I would say teach, but I think you hate kids, so I'll caveat that with teach something vocational and specifically interesting, to interested people, maybe through a specific organization.

Steal my dream job and create a dual scuba dive/mountain climb shop in Hawaii/Bora Bora/etc. and lead excursions on both
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Thought about it. I'm actually teaching English in Taiwan right now where the cost of living is cheaper. Japan does look really cool though.

But also if I work in Europe I'm closer to all my friends which is a factor here. I've made new friends who are cool but I do miss my family and stuff.

Japan is pretty cool, and cost of living isn't too terrible if you stay out of the big cities (Tokyo, Hiroshima, Kyoto, etc).

Should at least grab a visit while you're in the area if you can, def worth it
Quote by Dreadnought

I would say teach, but I think you hate kids, so I'll caveat that with teach something vocational and specifically interesting, to interested people, maybe through a specific organization.

Steal my dream job and create a dual scuba dive/mountain climb shop in Hawaii/Bora Bora/etc. and lead excursions on both

At the same time?
Quote by Dreadnought

I don't hate kids. Teaching kids is much more fun than teaching teenagers. Also kids here are really well behaved so happy days

Your second idea sounds really great though. Maybe in Australia that would be really cool.

I would love to work for Nat Geo but HOW. I don't think they even pay their photographers any more.
Quote by ultimate-slash
At the same time?

I hiked in a wetsuit once. It was weird but it worked out ok
Yeah idk lol about Nat Geo

You definitely can't actually do dives and hikes to a significant altitude within close proximity (temporally speaking) of each other cuz of decompression issues, but those are just two of my favorite hobbies bumped into one thing.

High altitude (read: mountain) lake diving is a thing, but that has its own things & isn't a nice tropical beach.
Quote by CrossBack7
Japan is pretty cool, and cost of living isn't too terrible if you stay out of the big cities (Tokyo, Hiroshima, Kyoto, etc).

Should at least grab a visit while you're in the area if you can, def worth it

I'm doing a month in Indonesia before I come home and then I will be very poor.

Lots of people rave about Japan but it's going to have to wait for another trip I think.
Quote by Dreadnought
Yeah idk lol about Nat Geo

You definitely can't actually do dives and hikes to a significant altitude within close proximity (temporally speaking) of each other cuz of decompression issues, but those are just two of my favorite hobbies bumped into one thing.

High altitude (read: mountain) lake diving is a thing, but that has its own things & isn't a nice tropical beach.

To be fair, it does sound really cool

And now that I think of it, I did go up a mountain in a wetsuit once, but it was for canyoning, and not for diving.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You could always do what I did and work for Enterprise Rent-a-car, where they give you the tools to be your own boss.

Haha I'll wash cars if I can live somewhere warm and earn enough to buy beer and nail polish every week.
Talk to Tempoe or whatever his name is. Pretty sure he's the dude who's like a small boat captain in the Caribbean or something, lives under some coconut palms and calls no man mister
Page 1 of 4