So basically i want to replace the locking nut on my schecter (special series Floyd) and i've noticed it says BR2 on the back but online a lot just say R2. Is there any difference between them?
Measure its dimensions and compare that to the R2 locking nut. If the measurements are the same, buy it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The dimension do match, although i'm having difficulty finding places that will ship to the UK - the only place i've found so far is adding up to £40 with p&p
Quote by WhammyBarAbuser
The dimension do match, although i'm having difficulty finding places that will ship to the UK - the only place i've found so far is adding up to £40 with p&p

That sucks.

The only thing you can do is suck it up. It's either that or make do with a guitar with a broken locking nut.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I have found some really cheap ones (£7.00) but I'm worried that since they are obviously not genuine, they may just wear down (those dreaded grooves) really easily. It also says 42mm, not the 41.3mm it should be so...

Cheap one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Locking-guitar-top-nut-42-or-43mm-chrome-black-or-gold-/370515278639?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

around £30 one but probably better quality:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schaller_locking_nut_382_r2_chrome.htm#bewertung
Last edited by WhammyBarAbuser at Mar 12, 2016,
If it's just the actual plates themselves that have worn down a bit and not gripping properly you can just rotate the plate 90 degrees and it should grip again.

Quick little fix while you wait for the new parts to come.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
If it's just the actual plates themselves that have worn down a bit and not gripping properly you can just rotate the plate 90 degrees and it should grip again.

Quick little fix while you wait for the new parts to come.

Unfortunately the actual nut has grooves in it as the pads are only like 50p to order. I'm going to just dish out for the schaller R2, at least that way I won't be ordering another one for the foreseeable future.
Quote by WhammyBarAbuser
Unfortunately the actual nut has grooves in it as the pads are only like 50p to order. I'm going to just dish out for the schaller R2, at least that way I won't be ordering another one for the foreseeable future.

Ah ok then, yeah I would go with a good one, you shouldn't need to replace it for many years, if at all.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb