My 2i2 shit the bed and completely stopped working. Focusrite won't cover it and it will cost minimum $80 to have it fixed and possibly more.

At this point, I'm just going to buy a new one when tax returns come in. My question is, is the 2i4 worth getting or is there minimal difference? Its just for home/bedroom stuff with amplitube. I would like to add a sub to my KRK rokit 5's and just want to make sure I will have a way to do it with whichever interface i go with.

I have a schecter with EMG's and find that it almost always clips even with the gain turned down all the way on the focusrite.

So which interface should I get? or is there something else similar price that I should look at.
I'd recommend getting a Radial Passive DI Box and the Scarlett 2i4. The Di box will send a balanced signal into the interface. I have these two still despite upgrading everything else and have gotten some great guitar tones.
2i4 has a pad. The 2i2 doesn't. The pad is the most important thing for me between the two.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by andrerist

I have a schecter with EMG's and find that it almost always clips even with the gain turned down all the way on the focusrite.

This is the reason to get the 2i4. Apart from the pads AFAIK the only difference is a couple of RCA outputs and MIDI (which I'm sure I'll find useful if I end up doing live electronic stuff). For home recording you really don't need those but yeah if you can't avoid clipping on the 2i2 you need the 2i4.
Quote by diabolical
I'd go with a different brand since this one "shit the bed".

In defense of focusrite, i bought it used through guitar center and it worked flawlessly for about a year, but then all of a sudden just died
Quote by Mister Revenant
I'd recommend getting a Radial Passive DI Box and the Scarlett 2i4. The Di box will send a balanced signal into the interface. I have these two still despite upgrading everything else and have gotten some great guitar tones.
Seconded, also fixes the dreaded clipping issue that plagues the inst-in of the Saffires/Scarletts, also improves tone quality.
Quote by Cherry Vulpine
Seconded, also fixes the dreaded clipping issue that plagues the inst-in of the Saffires/Scarletts, also improves tone quality.

I feel like a DI for me is overkill. I'm not recording, I just gave up on using an amp. And midi would definitely be something nice to have simply for switching things on the fly